You can never go wrong with a plate of hot lasagna: it’s foolproof comfort food that you can enjoy no matter what day it is. Have it when you’ve had a long day, or even when you’re feeling pretty good! The greatest thing is that frozen lasagnas make this celebration half the battle. Simply pop one in the microwave oven and you’re due for Italian deliciousness!
Keep reading to find out what our top five best frozen lasagnas are! Oh, and if you are a busy bee and need more help with instant and quick sources of nutrition, do check out my top 5 stone-bought bone broths!
Best Frozen Lasagna Comparison 2022
- Best for A lower calorie: HMR Lasagna with Meat Sauce Entree
- Best for Runner Up: Nestle Stouffer's Vegetable Lasagna
- Best for Healthy Choice: Omaha Steaks Meat Lover's Lasagna
- Best for Travel: Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Best for pairing with meat: Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne
- ALL NATURAL ITALIAN SAUSAGE AND BEEF LASAGNA: Made with 100 percent USDA Choice Grade ground beef chuck, vine-ripened tomatoes, whole milk ricotta cheese, and whole milk mozzarella cheese.
- 25 G OF PROTEIN PER SERVING: this traditional Italian meal is rich in vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, and iron.
- DELICIOUS GOURMET READY MEAL: you can prepare a delightful lasagna within minutes. All you have to do is place it in the microwave.
- MAKE YOUR FAMILY HAPPY: Who doesn't love lasagna It's a great choice for quick dinners or unexpected visits.
- SHORT TIME TO PREPARE, LONG TIME TO ENJOY - Make your life easy!
- Family meal consisting of two 96-oz trays of Stouffers Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Stouffers Lasagna with Meat Sauce is made with tender, freshly made lasagna noodles, hand-placed and layered with low-fat ricotta cheese, part-skim mozzarella, and hearty herbed beef ragu
- No preservatives, made with real cheese
- Good source of calcium
- Keep frozen (ships frozen with dry ice) and immediately before consumption, cook via conventional oven
- VEGETABLE LASAGNA: With delicious layers of cauliflower noodles, basil, spinach, zucchini, ricotta, and more, this lasagna is naturally gluten and grain free.
- FROZEN KETO MEALS: Only 12g net carbs and 330 calories per serving. Cauliflower meets a classic. It's comfort food, perfected.
- DINNER & LUNCH MADE EASY: Our frozen cauliflower lasagna is ready in 5 minutes! Perfect frozen dinner or lunch.
- GLUTEN, GRAIN & GUILT FREE: Naturally gluten, grain, wheat, nut and soy-free.
- INGREDIENTS MATTER: By using the entire cauliflower, and not just the florets, we pack in every available ounce of nutritional value. And, our entrées are lower in carbs and calories!
- AWARD-WINNING GLUTEN-FREE PASTA – our pasta is known for its incredible taste. It’s crafted to deliver on both taste and texture. You’d never know it’s gluten-free.
- NO-BOIL LASAGNA – easy to make, these gluten-free lasagna noodles don’t require boiling. Layer directly into pan with pasta sauce and lasagna fillings. One package fills 3 layers of 9x13 pan.
- FRESH PASTA – Our fresh pasta is refrigerated and can be frozen to keep up to 12 months. When using lasagna sheets from frozen, thaw before placing in pan.
- CERTIFIED GLUTEN-FREE AND KOSHER – our brown rice pasta is Kosher and Certified Gluten-Free. All our pasta is made in a gluten-free facility with dedicated gluten-free equipment.
- ABOUT TASTE REPUBLIC – We’re revolutionizing gluten-free food. We stand for: clean ingredients, unconventional thinking, and delicious food. We’re a Certified B Corp. Proudly made in Madison, WI.
- WE SUGGEST SELECTING SECOND DAY OR EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR THIS ITEM
- herb seasoned tomato and meat sauce
- three kinds of cheese
- Great taste with no preservatives
- Traditional lasagna noodles, Real mozzarella cheese & premium beef With vine ripened tomatoes
- WE SUGGEST SELECTING SECOND DAY OR EXPEDITED SHIPPING FOR THIS ITEM
- TOPPED WITH FRESH CHEESE & AGED PARMESAN
- FRESHLY MADE PASTA LAYERED BETWEEN A RICH MEAT SAUCE AND TOPPED WITH REAL MOZZARELLA CHEESE
- NO PRESERVATIVES
- 230 CALORIES
- Ships frozen, CANNOT be cancelled after being processed.
- PASTA: America's favorite Hamburger Helper in a super cheesy lasagna entree, blending pasta and Italian-style sauce mix
- QUICK AND EASY: Make Hamburger Helper in three easy steps: simply brown beef, stir in ingredients and pasta sauce and simmer
- INGREDIENTS: Packaged food is made with real herbs and spices and no artificial flavors or colors from artificial sources
- ENDLESS OPTIONS: Add your own twist with additional ingredients and head to the Betty Crocker website for Hamburger Helper recipes and pastas the whole family will love
- CONTAINS: 11.4 oz
- One 9 oz. box of Velveeta Cheesy Bowls Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Liquid gold meets meaty sauce in every bite of Velveeta Cheesy Bowls Lasagna with Meat Sauce
- Bowl includes lasagna noodles with meat sauce and a cheese sauce packet
- Made with beef
- This lasagna bowl makes one serving
Best Frozen Lasagna Reviews 2022
HMR Lasagna with Meat Sauce Entree – Runner Up
- Layers of thick noodles with a blend of three cheeses, spinach, carrots, corn, and peas in a flavorful meat sauce.
- A lower calorie, filling meal, each 8 oz. serving is packed with 19g of protein and just 260 calories.
- HMR meals are quick and convenient options to help you cut calories and manage your weight at lunch or dinner.
- No refrigeration needed and easy to prepare in the microwave in just one minute, making these shelf-stable meals ideal for work or travel.
- Tastes great on its own or mixed with vegetables and other HMR entrees for a delicious custom meal. Meals shown with added vegetable suggestions.
- Brand: HMR
- Weight: 8 Ounces
- Package Weight: 1.6 Kilograms
- Ready in one minute
- Only 240 calories per serving
- Comes with real meat sauce.
- Some customers did not like its texture.
HMR has got your back when you’re staring at the wall, clueless on what to have for tonight’s dinner. Whether you’re eating alone or with company, they have a wide selection of pre-packed meals that will surely fill you up good. Plus, they come in a variety that you can choose from, depending on what you’re craving. One of these is their lasagna with meat sauce, which is one of their best sellers, too.
Plus, HMR meals are lower in calories, so you can enjoy your lasagna dish without feeling the guilt of a frozen dinner. You get 240 calories and 14 grams of protein per serving – not too shabby for a quick and easy dinner! You’ll only need to heat it for a minute in the microwave!
Their lasagna entree is made with real pasta, topped with layers of cheeses and vegetables, and a delicious meat sauce. You can enjoy this as it is, but others choose to add their own veggies depending on preference.
Unless opened, you don’t have to refrigerate the meal.
Nestle Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna – Vegetarian Option
- Brand: Stouffers
- Weight: 10 Pounds
- Package Weight: 10 Pounds
- Reputable brand
- 100% vegetarian
- No preservatives, only fresh ingredients.
- The flavor might not be palatable for some non-vegetarians.
This is probably the biggest brand name in this list, and it does not disappoint. The Stouffer’s guarantee revolves on using fresh and safe ingredients, state-of-the-art preparation techniques, and the best flavors for their frozen lasagnas.
Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna is made of freshly-made pasta, from whole grains, and is layered with spinach, sea salt, shoestring carrots, broccoli, and a heavenly mixture of the best cheeses: ricotta, Romano, mozzarella, Parmesan, and Asiago. The flavor is enhanced with breadcrumbs, onions, and garlic.
There are zero preservatives in this product. It is also rich in fiber and calcium. You’ll get zero trans fat and 10 grams of whole grains for each serving. It is 100% vegetarian.
Serve this to guests, or enjoy it on your own whenever you need a quick vegetarian dinner!
To reheat, simply pop in the microwave oven. Heat at half-power for about four minutes in a loosely covered container. Let it rest for 10-15 minutes to cool down before serving.
Omaha Steaks Meat Lover’s Lasagna – Editor’s Choice
- Is a hearty, satisfying main dish the whole family will love
- It has double the beef of our original lasagna
- Just heat, serve and enjoy an Italian masterpiece
- Serves four
- Has genuine Omaha Steaks beef
- Has generous servings of five different cheeses
- Flavorful and satisfying.
- No noticeable drawbacks.
These Omaha Steaks lasagnas redefine what frozen lasagnas taste like. The company swears that it’s just like ordering and dining in an actual Italian restaurant. They pride themselves with a generous amount of Ricotta cheese in between layers. The meat layers are made of authentic ground beef from Omaha Steaks. This dish is not just filling, but is also flavorful and can satisfy the entire family.
It has twice the beef as their original lasagna offering. It is also packed with eggs, onions, tomatoes, four cheeses (on top of the Ricotta): Monterey Jack, Mozzarella, Romano, and Parmesan, as well as several Italian seasonings.
Simply heat it in the microwave and get ready to enjoy a genuine Italian dish. One box is good for four servings.
Mountain House Lasagna with Meat Sauce – Travel Pick
- Is Discontinued By Manufacturer : No
- Product Dimensions : 8 x 9 x 10 inches; 2 Pounds
- Manufacturer : Mountain House
- Lightweight and perfect for traveling
- Easy to prepare and clean up
- Can feed two servings in one small pouch.
- Freeze-dried, so not as rich and fresh as the other frozen lasagnas in this list.
While not technically a frozen lasagna dish, we cannot not mention this entry. Are you a camper or backpacker? Have you ever gotten tired of bland beans and protein bars while you are in the great outdoors? Well, Mountain House is here to solve these outdoor culinary problems.
Their lasagna pack is a freeze-dried dish, but don’t let that discourage you. These meals are fully cooked and promise to give you a home-cooked dish wherever you might be. They are very convenient, lightweight, and a breeze to prepare. You won’t have to carry several utensils and cooking pans with you to enjoy this lasagna.
This meal is also a good preparedness and survival product. Do you live in an area that’s susceptible to natural disasters, like earthquakes, tornadoes, flooding, and the like? Stock up on these and you won’t be worried about going hungry. You don’t need ovens to reheat them. All you need is hot water. The shelf life of Mountain House meals are no joke, even the U.S. Military trusts them for the past five decades.
This lasagna meal pouch contains six packs. Each pack houses a 2 1/2 cup servings, equally filling and flavorful. One pack can feed two people – perfect for traveling with a buddy.
To prepare: open the pouch, don’t forget to take out the oxygen absorber. Add hot water. More instructions are detailed in each packet. You don’t need a bowl or pot, just pour the water into the pouch itself. This makes preparing and cleanup all the more convenient. Close the pack and let it rest for 10 minutes. Once done, you’re all set to enjoy
Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne – Healthy Option
- OVEN-READY LASAGNE: Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne does not require boiling the pasta before baking; Simply add it directly to your pan and bake
- BARILLA PASTA: Made with durum wheat, eggs and water to deliver great taste and "al dente" texture every time
- CREATE DELICIOUS PASTA MEALS: Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne is perfect for pairing with meat-based pasta sauces like traditional Bolognese, dairy-based pasta sauces like a classic béchamel and vegetable-based pasta sauces
- COOKS TO PERFECTION EVERY TIME: No boil lasagne does not require boiling the pasta before baking; Simply assemble and bake the pasta according to recipe directions
- NON-GMO & KOSHER CERTIFIED PASTA: Barilla Oven-Ready Lasagne pasta is crafted with the highest quality Non-GMO ingredients and is kosher certified
- Brand: Barilla
- Flavor Oven Ready Lasagne
- Weight: 0.65 Pounds
- Allergen Information: Eggs, Gluten
- Specialty: Kosher Certified
- No boiling required.
- Some preparation required.
If you’re looking for a more authentic pasta experience, try this oven-ready lasagne. This is perfect if you like making your own meat sauces and fillings, but have no time to make pasta from scratch. You won’t even have to boil water. Just place the sheets on your pan and start placing your preferred layers, then bake. The sheets are perfect for 9×13-inch dishes.
Barilla lasagna is gluten-free and is purely non-GMO. If you are health conscious, this would be a great pasta for you. It is made from rice and corn, creating a classic texture and taste.
The Best Side Dishes to Enjoy With Your Frozen Lasagna Meal
Looking for a full dinner? Then it’s time to think about side dishes to serve next to your lasagna plate. Salads are the easiest option, and the least imaginative if we’re being honest. Of course, a simple tossed salad is quick to make and its flavor palate is perfect for any pasta dish. However, you can’t deny craving for something new every now and then. So let’s take a look at our options!
Sauteed Onions & Peppers
Veggie sides are great to balance out a carb-filled and protein-rich main entree. This is a particularly easy one, too. Simply saute peppers and onions in light oil, and serve when browned. If you’re worried about too many calories for one dinner, don’t worry, these are very low-cal!
Another classic side dish, prepare an antipasto plate for guests or for yourself! It’s a dish comprised of different marinated veggies like roasted red peppers, artichokes, cheeses, deli meats, and olives. This is a great table buffer if you’re having people over, and can stretch the meal efficiently.
Take any vegetables of your choosing! Bell peppers, broccoli, carrots, artichokes, onions, and others can make a great side dish. Plus, they are healthy and low in calories. You simply need to roast them on the grill – or in a pan using the stovetop. A quick and easy side dish ready in minutes!
Raw Vegetables and Italian Dressing
Going back to the salad roots, try tossing carrots, cauliflowers, and cherry tomatoes together with your favorite vinaigrette or dressing. Technically, this is a tossed salad, but it does carry with it a hint of tanginess and uniqueness.
What Wines to Pair with Lasagna
Go for slightly full-bodied red wines. You will do better with a modern Tuscan red wine instead of a Sicilian or Southern Italian option.
Barbera is a nice choice, too. If you are thinking of wines from outside Italy, you can pair lasagna with a zinfandel or a medium-bodied cabernet sauvignon.
The pairing will rely on what kinds of vegetables are actually in the lasagna. Mediterranean vegetables like peppers, tomatoes and courgettes will do well with a Roussillon red wine or a Languedoc wine.
If you have chard and spinach, go for Gavi or other dry Italian white wines.
If your lasagna has butternut squash or pumpkin in it, pair it with oak-aged chardonnay or any richer white wines like a viognier.
Think of seafood lasagna the way you do for fish pie. It goes best with a full Italian white wine like Soave, Chenin blanc, or a smooth and creamy chardonnay.
How Lasagna Meals Can Benefit Your Fitness And Health
Ever wonder if lasagna is good for you? It turns out that it’s not just about being delicious and satisfying. Your favorite pasta dish might carry health benefits, too, especially if you are into bodybuilding and toning your shape!
Getting Enough Calories
If you are underweight or merely into bodybuilding, it is important to find good sources of calories. Lasagna is such a dish. It is high-calorie, and can tremendously help during muscle gain stages of your regimen. The beef, cheese, pasta, and even the tomatoes create a nice mix of calories.
Professional bodybuilders swear by it as one of the best high-calorie foods.
Protein for Muscle Building and Repair
Lasagna – being a meat dish – is essentially rich in protein. We all know that protein is very important for building muscle. If you damage muscles during rigorous workouts, protein will step in and handle the muscle repair from the cellular and tissue levels, while building new muscle simultaneously.
That’s why so many athletes and bodybuilders need to supplement their diets with protein powders. Lasagna comes in as a delicious and convenient source of protein!
Boost Your Energy with Carbs
The pasta itself is made from some sort of grain, which constitutes carbohydrates. Obviously, we all need energy for every activity that we do. Workouts will require an even higher level of energy. Carbs are important when exercising because they give you the fuel that you need to keep on. They also help in sparing the protein, so that instead of being burned into energy, protein is directed towards the more important muscle repair and growth.
Keto-Friendly Fat Content
If you are adapting the ketogenic diet, then you will rest assured that lasagna is rich in fat. This will allow you to burn fat, instead of carbohydrates, and reach a state of ketosis. The fat is burned into energy, which is used for daily activities as well as your daily exercise routine.
Our best pick for best Frozen Lasagna is Nestle Stouffer’s Vegetable Lasagna, with lower in calories, so you can enjoy your lasagna dish without feeling the guilt of a frozen dinner.
If you are a fan of pasta in general and are looking for a convenient way to prepare your own alfredo dishes at home, check out the best store-bought alfredo sauces!
Did you enjoy this article? Don’t forget to leave comments below!