Love trying out new dishes? Pork floss bun is a dish that originated from Hong Kong. It’s a type of savory pastry that is made with pork floss, flour, sugar, and butter. The end result is a delicious pastry that you’ll love!
We know you’ll love pork floss bun, so come and try it out today! We promise you won’t be disappointed. Visit restaurant and order the pork floss bun today! You won’t regret it.
Pork Floss Bun Overview
Pork floss bun is a type of Chinese pastry that is made with pork floss, or rousong, as the primary filling. It is a popular snack food in Taiwan and China, and can be found at many Chinese bakeries.
Pork floss buns are typically soft and fluffy, and may be round or rectangular in shape. The bun may be plain, or it may be filled with other ingredients such as vegetables or egg. Pork floss buns are often served warm, and are sometimes accompanied by dipping sauce.
Pork floss buns are a popular choice for breakfast or snack time in Taiwan and China. They are easy to eat on the go, and can be found at most Chinese bakeries. Pork floss buns are often served warm, and are sometimes accompanied by dipping sauce.
The bun itself is often sweetened, and the pork floss filling provides a savory contrast. Pork floss buns are typically eaten as a snack or light meal, and can be served warm or cold.
Pork floss buns are a good choice for those who are looking for a quick and easy snack that is both filling and satisfying. For a heartier meal, pork floss buns can be served with soup or rice.
Pork floss buns are a cheap and cheerful option for a quick snack or light meal. If you’re looking for a unique and delicious snack, give pork floss buns a try! You’ll be sure to enjoy the combination of sweet and savory flavors.
Pork floss bun has a long history in China. It is said that the first pork floss bun was created during the Tang Dynasty (618-907). Pork floss was a popular ingredient at the time, and was used in many different dishes. The combination of pork floss and dough became a popular snack food, and has been enjoyed by people for centuries.
In 1900s, pork floss buns became a common street food in China, and were sold by vendors who would walk around with baskets of them. In 2000s, pork floss buns became popular in Hong Kong and Taiwan, and are now available in many different countries.
In recent years, pork floss buns have become a popular choice for breakfast or snack food. They are often eaten with tea, and can be found in many different flavors, such as chocolate, cheese, and green tea.
What Makes Pork Floss Bun Special?
There are many things making pork floss bun become a special dish in China:
The first is the ingredients to make pork floss. The most common ingredient is lean pork, but people also use other meats like chicken or rabbit. Pork floss is made of pig’s skin, with high protein and low fat. It is easy to digest and absorb. The pig skin is boiled until it becomes soft, then shredded into small pieces.
The second ingredient is glutinous rice flour. It is made from sticky rice, which is gluten free. Glutinous rice flour is used to make the bun’s skin chewy and glutinous. Other ingredients include onions, ginger, garlic, salt, soy sauce, sugar, cooking oil and sesame oil.
What makes pork floss buns special is the combination of ingredients used to make them. The pork floss gives the buns a unique flavor and texture, while the glutinous rice flour makes the bun’s skin chewy and sticky. The buns are usually served with a dipping sauce or can be eaten plain.
The second is the cooking process, which can be divided into three steps:
1. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees Celsius.
2. Place the pork floss buns on a baking tray and bake for 10-12 minutes.
3. Remove from the oven and enjoy!
Assuming you have all the necessary ingredients, the cooking process is actually quite simple. Just preheat your oven, place the pork floss buns on a baking tray, and bake for 10-12 minutes. Once they’re done, just remove them from the oven and enjoy!
Pork floss is boiled in water for a long time, then dried in the sun or in the shade, finally fried in oil. This production process retains the original flavor of the pork and does not add any preservatives, so it is very popular among consumers.
If you’re looking for a delicious and easy-to-make snack or side dish, then look no further than pork floss buns. These buns are soft and fluffy, with a generous amount of pork floss stuffed inside. Plus, they’re easy to make and only require a few simple ingredients. So what are you waiting for? Give them a try today!.
Intense savory taste
The next thing making pork floss bun special is the taste of the pork floss. The pork floss used in this dish is different from the Cantonese style pork floss. It is dryer, less sweet and with a more intense savory flavor. This makes it a perfect match for the soft and fluffy buns.
The pork floss bun tastes best when it is eaten hot and fresh out of the oven. The combination of the soft bun, the savory pork floss and the sweet sauce is simply irresistible.
If you are looking for a delicious and easy to make snack, then you should definitely try the pork floss bun. The pork floss buns are best served warm, so be sure to reheat them before serving. You can also freeze the pork floss buns, and then reheat them when you are ready to eat.
Long time Storage
Another special thing about pork floss bun is that it can be stored for a long time without turning bad. This is because the pork floss has been pickled in vinegar and salt, which acts as a preservative.
Thus, it is not uncommon to see people bringing back pork floss buns from their travels as gifts for friends and family. You can store pork floss buns in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks. When you’re ready to eat, simply reheat in the microwave for a few seconds until warm.
The next thing making pork floss bun special is its health benefits. Pork floss is rich in protein and low in fat, making it a healthy food choice. In addition, pork floss is also a good source of vitamin B12, which is important for the formation of red blood cells.
Vitamin B12 is also necessary for the proper functioning of the nervous system. Pork floss is also a good source of iron, which is important for the transport of oxygen in the blood.
Pork floss buns are not only healthy, but they are also delicious. The combination of sweet bun and savory pork floss makes for a perfect snack or meal. Pork floss buns are great for breakfast, lunch, or dinner. They are also perfect for picnics and potlucks.
Pork floss buns are a delicious and healthy option for anyone looking for a tasty snack or meal. The next time you are looking for a quick and easy snack, try pork floss buns. You will not be disappointed.
How To Make Pork Floss Bun?
Here, we will give you step-by-step guide to make pork floss bun:
Step 1: Prepare the ingredients
The first thing you need to do before making pork floss bun is to prepare all the ingredients. For the bun, you will need
– 1½ cups all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon instant yeast
– 1 tablespoon sugar
– Pinch of salt
– ¼ cup milk
– 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
For the pork floss filling, you will need:
– 2 tablespoons cooking oil
– 1 small onion, minced
– 2 cloves garlic, minced
– 2 cups pork floss
– Salt and pepper to taste
Step 2: Make the dough
In a large bowl, whisk together flour, instant yeast, sugar, and salt. Add milk and butter then stir until well combined. Turn out the dough onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
Step 3: Let the dough rise
Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp cloth, and let it rise in a warm place for about 1 hour or until the dough has doubled in size.
Step 4: Take a piece of lean pork and cut it into small strips
The next step is to take a piece of lean pork and cut it into small strips. You can use a food processor to make this task easier. However, if you don’t have a food processor, you can simply use a sharp knife to do the task.
Step 5: Marinate the pork strips
After that, you need to marinate the pork strips. To do this, you will need to mix together 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cooking wine, 1 teaspoon sugar, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Then, add the pork strips into the mixture and let it sit for about 30 minutes.
Step 6: Preheat the oven
While the pork is marinating, you can preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
Step 7: Deep-fry the pork strips
Once the oven is heated, you can start deep-frying the pork strips. To do this, you will need to heat some oil in a deep fryer or a wok. Then, add the pork strips into the hot oil and fry them until they are golden brown.
Step 8: Drain the fried pork on a paper towel
After that, you need to drain the fried pork on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. This is because you don’t want the bun to be too greasy.
Step 9: Make the pork floss filling
Now, it’s time to make the pork floss filling. To do this, you will need to heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a pan over medium heat. Then, add onion and garlic into the pan and cook until they are soft.
After that, add the pork floss into the pan and season with salt and pepper to taste. Cook for about 5 minutes or until the pork floss is heated through.
Step 10: Assemble the buns
The last step is to assemble the buns. To do this, you will need to divide the dough into 12 equal pieces. Then, roll each piece of dough into a ball.
Next, flatten each ball of dough and place 1 tablespoon of pork floss filling in the center. then, gather the edges of the dough and pinch them together to seal the filling inside.
Step 11: Place the buns on a greased baking sheet
After that, you need to place the buns on a greased baking sheet. Make sure to leave some space between each bun.
Step 12: Let the buns rise
Let the buns rise for about 30 minutes or until they are doubled in size.
Step 13: Bake the buns
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Place the buns on a greased baking sheet and let them rise for about 10 minutes. Bake in the preheated oven for 15-20 minutes or until the buns are golden brown.
Step 14: Serve
Serve the buns warm or at room temperature. You can eat pork floss bun with tea or coffee. You can eat it as a topping on rice or noodles, or as a filling in buns and pastries.
4 Pork Floss Bun Recipes
Chinese Five-Spice Pork Floss Buns Recipe
Ingredients: 1/2 cup warm water, 1 package active dry yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 egg, beaten, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 3 cups all-purpose flour
Filling: 1/2 cup pork floss, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
1. In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and salt. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is foamy.
2. Add the egg and oil and mix well. Gradually add the flour, 1 cup at a time, until a soft dough forms.
3. Turn out the dough onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes. Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. Punch down the dough and divide into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
5. In a small bowl, combine the pork floss, sugar, and five-spice powder.
6. Flatten each ball of dough and place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center. Fold the dough over the filling and pinch to seal.
7. Place the buns on a greased baking sheet and let rise for 30 minutes.
8. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
9. Bake the buns for 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Sweet and Spicy Pork Floss Buns Recipe
Ingredients: 1/4 cup warm water, 1 package active dry yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, 1 teaspoon salt, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1/2 cup pork floss, 1/4 cup sugar, 1 teaspoon chili powder
1. In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, sugar, and salt. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture is foamy.
2. Add the oil and flour to the bowl and mix until well combined. Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it’s smooth.
3. Cover the dough with a damp towel and let it rise in a warm place for 1 hour.
4. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
5. To make the filling, mix together the pork floss, sugar, and chili powder.
6. Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a ball and then flatten it out. Place 1 tablespoon of the filling in the center of each piece of dough and then fold the dough over, sealing the edges.
7. Place the buns on a greased baking sheet and let them rise for another 20 minutes.
8. Bake the buns for 20 minutes, or until they’re golden brown. Serve warm.
These pork floss buns are soft and fluffy, with a sweet and spicy filling. They make a great snack or breakfast!
Pork Floss and Seaweed Pull-Apart Rolls Recipe
Ingredients: 1/2 cup warm water, 1 package active dry yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt, 1/4 cup pork floss, 1 sheet nori (dried seaweed), toasted and crumbled
1. In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast, and sugar. Let stand for 5 minutes, or until the mixture is foamy.
2. Add the oil and flour and stir until well combined. Stir in the salt and pork floss.
3. Turn out onto a floured surface and knead for 10 minutes, or until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Place in a greased bowl, cover, and let rise in a warm place for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
5. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
6. Divide the dough into 12 pieces. Roll each piece into a 6-inch-long rope. Coil the ropes and place on a greased baking sheet.
7. Bake for 10 minutes, or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Pork Floss and Egg Rolls Recipe
Ingredients: 1/2 cup warm water, 1 package active dry yeast, 1 tablespoon sugar, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, 2 cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon salt
1. The first step is to make the dough. In a large bowl, combine the water, yeast and sugar. Mix well and let sit for 5 minutes until the mixture becomes foamy.
2. Add the oil and 2 cups of flour to the bowl and mix until well combined. Add the salt and mix again.
3. Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead for about 10 minutes, until the dough is smooth and elastic.
4. Place the dough in a greased bowl, cover with a damp towel and let rise in a warm place for about an hour, until it has doubled in size.
5. Once the dough has doubled in size, turn it out onto a floured surface and divide into 12 equal pieces.
6. To make the pork floss and egg rolls, take one piece of dough and flatten it into a rectangle. Spread a layer of pork floss over the dough, leaving a 1-inch border.
7. Crack an egg into the center of the pork floss and roll the dough up, jelly-roll style. Pinch the seam to seal and place on a greased baking sheet.
8. Repeat with the remaining pieces of dough.
9. Cover the rolls with a damp towel and let rise for another 30 minutes.
10. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
11. Serve warm with soy sauce or hoisin sauce for dipping. Enjoy!
What is the best way to make bun for pork floss?
One way to make a bun for pork floss is to use a bread machine. Put the ingredients in the bread machine according to the manufacturer’s instructions, and make sure to add the pork floss. Soak the bread in water or milk for a few minutes before baking.
Can I use pork floss instead of filling?
Yes, you can use pork floss as a filling for buns, pastries, or other dishes. It is best to mix the pork floss with some other ingredients such as chopped green onions, ginger, and garlic to make a filling.
What is the shelf life of pork floss?
Pork floss can last for several months if stored in an airtight container in a cool, dry place. Once opened, it should be used within a few days. Pork floss can also be frozen for up to six months.
What are the different ways to eat a pork floss bun?
There are many different ways to enjoy a pork floss bun. You can eat it as is, or you can add some of your favorite toppings. You can also use it as a filling for other dishes such as buns, pastries, or even rice. Pork floss is also a great ingredient to add to soups or stir-fries.
The pork floss bun is a delicious and popular snack in Asia. It is made with a soft bun filled with pork floss and sometimes sweetened condensed milk. The combination of flavors makes for a tasty and satisfying treat. Pork floss buns are easy to find at most Asian bakeries and grocery stores. Give them a try the next time you are looking for a new snack to enjoy.