Cooking is sometimes a passion, sometimes a profession. When you cook something, the expectation is always to make it tastier than ever. Crispy and crunchy food does not always depend on how you cook it.
Sometimes it’s your air fryer. To maintain the quality and taste of your food, choosing the perfect air fryer is a must. A good air fryer will bless your food with the ideal crispness to make it flavorful.
When selecting a good-quality air fryer, you will realize that hundreds of brands promise thousands of amenities. But whom will you trust then? On that note, we came up with the Ninja vs Philips Air Fryer. These are the two most recognized brands in the market right now.
So, let’s compare these two air fryer brands according to their key features, specifications, and benefits of using them.
|Product Name||Ninja Air Fryer||Philips Air Fryer|
|Capacity||4 Quarts||0.86 Quarts|
|Wattage||1500 watts||1425 watts|
|Item Weight||10.58 pounds||16.36 pounds|
Ninja vs Philips Air Fryer
Comparing the Ninja and the Philips Air Fryers, Philips offers a two-year warranty compatible with Tefal superior to Ninja. Ninjas have a superior temperature range that exceeds 210 degrees Celsius. On the other hand, Phillips can reach at best 200 degrees Celsius.
The Ninja features different dehydrating fruits, veggies, and other foods. Moreover, they are famous for their wider cooking surfaces. And thanks to the fast cooking capability, you can prepare meals quicker. But don’t worry, they won’t be undercooked. These premium-quality air fryers evenly spread the heat and cook the food fully.
Philips Air Fryer features high-quality plastic. The Nuwave Brio and Ninja Air Fryer can cook from 100F to 390F compared to 105F to 400F, which means you can adjust the layers to follow what ingredients are being cooked for Nuwave. The preset heat is automatically at 360F.
Unlike the Ninja Air Fryer, the Philips fryer has baskets that offer you to pick the food up using a mesh base. Moreover, they are preferable for optimal airflow. Talking about Ninja, it is engineered with crisp technology to cook food with extra texture.
And fast cooking is an added amenity. Who doesn’t want a 30% faster cooking experience, that too when the meals are extremely pleasant and palatable? Thanks to their seven functions and presets, only placing the ingredients is enough.
Wait for a while, and you will be rewarded with super savory dishes. You will be offered a braille rack to bless the food with an equally crispy texture on both sides with these air fryers.
The Philips Air Fryer is an XL air fryer and is the healthiest way to fry. It includes fat-reduction technology that makes it more nutritious and tastier by reducing excess fat from food. After all, using 90% less oil for frying food is no joke!
You can eat for at least six people at a time as it provides 3 lbs. of power. With the administration of this great basket, you can make full or two bags of French fries that will be crispy and deep-fried. However, the Ninja overplays Philips by having a larger cooking capacity.
However, the most significant distinction lies in the frying basket. It carries a great role in getting the most crispy food, particularly frozen food. The Ninja one includes a round basket that is quicker to clean. Besides, it’s easier as well. But the Philips fryer features a square basket. Furthermore, it has ridges. So, you have to put some effort while cleaning them.
Most importantly, Ninja is also more desirable as it stops automatically when the fryer is opened. As a result, there’s no chance of overcooking. But as Philips keeps cooking, you must check the temperature carefully.
Although both share the same wattage of 1500 watts, Ninja outplays Philips again slightly in capacity. The Philips has 800g fries capability, while the Ninja beats 900g.
We averaged out all the review scores of Ninja Vs Philips air fryer and compared them with other leading air fryers on the market. Our research shows that they both outplayed most of their contemporary competitors.
However, you must note that a direct Ninja Air Fryer vs Philips Air fryer comparison may not be entirely fair because of the price difference. But in terms of performances, they are pretty similar, though!
Reviews Of Ninja Air Fryers
Below, we made a list of the best Ninja air fryers. The features, specifications, and benefits of use are the following:
The first Ninja Air fryer we will talk about is the Ninja AF101. It is an excellent air fryer that will offer you perfectly balanced cooking with less/no oil and excellent frying capacity. You can use this air fryer every day.
It’s easy to use and gives you an excellent cooking experience. In each basket, you can put 4 quarts of fries or ingredients. At the same time, you can cook your fries on one side and prepare your side dish on the other. What a great amenity it is!
- Guilt-Free Cooking: As this cooking appliance cooks without almost 75% less fat, you can go through a guilt-free cooking fever. Make your favorite snacks at home and healthily enjoy them.
- Excellent Range of Temperatures: This air fryer provides you with a wide temperature range. You can select your preferred temperature. From 105 to 400 F, you will find lots of variations. It’s an excellent choice for cooking various types of recipes. You will not face any issues regarding the temperature.
- Capacity: You can put a whole chicken in it. You can cook the main dish and a side dish simultaneously. French fries, wedges, chicken fries, chips, or any item that requires crispiness is an excellent item to cook in it. Coming with a 4-quart nonstick basket, it allows for frying 2 pounds of French fries.
- Dishwasher Safe: The basket, multi-layered rack, and crisp plate are dishwasher safe; therefore, super easy to be cleaned.
- Extra-large cooking capacity.
- A versatile temperature range helps you cook any item you want.
- Very budget-friendly.
- It occupies a lot of space in your kitchen.
Secondly, let’s discuss one of the most popular air fryers from Ninja, which comes in the AF161 model. Having a high glossy shine in its appearance, it weighs 11 pounds. Being manufactured with a 5.5-quart capacity, here are the salient features-
- Maximum Crisp: It offers the maximum crisp and crunch by reaching over 450 degrees of heat. Resultantly, it cooks 30% faster than regular air fryers.
- 75% Less Fat: Similar to the AF101 model, it reduces 75% less fat from your fried snacks. So, you can enjoy fat-free food with minimum guilt.
- Larger Cooking Capacity: Being manufactured with a 5.5 QT ceramic coated basket, it offers XL cooking surface. You can cook 3 pounds of French fries at a time, which is a great convenience.
- Multifunctional: The seven-in-one cooking presets allow seven cooking programs. You can try air frying, broiling, air roasting, baking, reheating, etc.
- Accessories: To add more, it comes with a nonstick basket and a versatile recipe book containing 20 recipes. Even if you are not an expert cook, you can prepare some basic meals at home.
- Versatile cooking facilities.
- Super easy cleaning.
- Faster cooking with minimum or no oil.
- High-end control panel.
- A bit expensive.
- Sometimes stops working.
Lastly, we have a Ninja DZ201 kitchen appliance at hand, which comes with the highest capacity of all 8 quarts. Besides, it allows both-way cooking, which is a great benefit.
Tested against both hand-cut and deeply fried potato chips/French fries lets you cook using the minimum oil possible. Besides, the wide temperature zone allows versatile cooking, for instance, frying, roasting, broiling, dehydrating, etc. Let’s look forward to the core amenities it comes with-
- XL Cooking Capacity: As already mentioned, the 8-quart cooking surface lets you prepare both main dishes and side dishes simultaneously. And the amount will be up to 4 lbs. be it chicken wings or French fries.
- Different Cooking Areas: The 8-quart capacity is equally distributed between two different cooking zones of 4 quarts. Moreover, each zone has its basket, fans, and heaters for cooking separately at a time.
- 6 in-1 Functionality: The 6 versatile cooking programs using only one tool are surely convenient. Furthermore, it’s quite cost-effective as well.
- Temperature Range: The temperature ranges from 105°F to 450°F. Therefore, it’s pretty evident how well-cooked your food will be! It contributes to preparing the most delicious meal ever by letting you get the perfect crust.
- Easy to Clean: All parts are dishwasher safe. Therefore, you need not pay any extra effort to clean them.
- Easy operating system.
- Two separate cooking zones.
- Smart and versatile cooking in a short time.
- Includes a lot of other things such as two 4 quart baskets, two crisper plates, 15 recipes, etc.
- The cooking space is narrower.
- Some customers complained that it produces too strong smell.
Reviews Of Phillips Air Fryers
To give you a proper comparison, we made a list of the best Phillips air fryers. The best products are reviewed below:
This user-friendly kitchen appliance is perfect if you need a compact device to cater to your air-frying needs.
This black air fryer lacks temperature presets. So, it might leave you confused as a novice user. But the appliance is simple enough to get you started as early as possible. All you have to do is to set your required temperature, set the time, and wait for the food to be cooked.
- Rapid Air Technology: Rapid Air technology is used in this air fryer. Generally, it works with circulating hot air around a metal mesh cooking basket. It provides it with air circulation, ensuring your favorite foods cook evenly with the starfish design on the bottom of the air fryer.
- Time Adjustment: With its integrated timer, you can preset up to 30 minutes of cooking times. There is an auto-off function that has a ready sound indicator. You can set your best cooking temperature to cook your food up to 390F.
- Temperature Control: It has a temperature control feature to adjust the temperature effortlessly. It ensures that you know the cooking temperature you are using. If it increases or decreases the temperature, you will know eventually. The air fryer has a temperature range of 80 to 390F.
- Various Dishes: The air fryer fries not only food but also grills, roasts, and even bakes. Now, you have more options to make your family and guests the tastiest foods. You can cook over 200 easy-to-make and inspiring dishes at any time. Once you get it, the air fryer will become a one-stop solution for all of your meals.
- It requires less oil or no oil.
- You can adjust the temperature anytime.
- It has a timer feature that makes the cooking process more manageable.
- Cleaning is effortless.
- You should be more careful while cleaning.
- Causes terrible smoking.
The HD9741/99 is a fantastic air fryer. And it has fat removal technology. It is smaller in size than many ninja air fryers, but it prepares healthy meals with a good taste for your family. You can fry, bake, reheat, grill, and roast food with it.
- Fat Removal and Rapid Air Technology: Everyone wants to eat healthy meals with lower cholesterol levels. But it’s not always what we get. Some air fryers promise to use less oil but don’t have fat removal technology. This technology reduces extra oil and fat from foods. It gives you a faster cooking process, generates seven times quicker airflow, and ensures your meals will be hearty and tasty.
- Dishwasher-safe: The HD9741/99 has removable dishwashing parts such as the quick clean basket. The basket has a non-stick detachable machine in it. Its drawer is also non-stick, ensuring all the accessories are dishwasher safe.
- After the cooking time or removing the basket, the air fryer will automatically shut off. This system prevents overcooking and protects the appliance from any damage.
- Temperature Control: It has a temperature control feature that makes adjusting the temperature effortless. It ensures you know the cooking temperature you are using and if it increases or decreases. The air fryer has a temperature range of 80 to 200˚C.
- Provides fast cooking facilities.
- It has cord storage that protects the cord from any defects.
- Dishwasher safe parts are removable.
- Turns off automatically when your cooking is complete.
- This air fryer doesn’t have a digital display in it.
This amazing Philips Air Fryer is designed to give you the maximum possible comfort while cooking. It offers a convenient, safe, and healthy cooking system for you to enjoy the taste with your family and guests.
- Rapid Air Technology: The air fryer circulates hot air around a metal mesh cooking basket with its Rapid Air technology. You don’t need much oil to cook. The air fryer requires a little or no oil to fry, bake, grill, or roast. It has an air circulation system that ensures your favorite foods cook evenly with the starfish design on the bottom of the air fryer.
- Automatic Shut-off System: The air fryer will automatically shut off after the cooking time or removing the basket. With this auto shut-off system, you will be relieved from worrying about shutting off the air fryer. This system prevents overcooking and protects the appliance from any damage.
- Dishwasher-safe: The HD9650 has removable dishwashing parts such as the quick clean basket. There is a non-stick detachable basket in the air fryer. Also, its non-stick detachable machine guarantees that all the accessories are dishwasher safe.
- No Need to Preheat: The air fryer does not need to be preheated. It is instantly hot and ready to cook food in no time. It cooks four times faster than any other conventional oven. As it doesn’t need any preheating, you can save your time and ebony as well. You can cook it instantly.
- You can cook instantly with no heat needed.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Rapid air technology requires very little oil or no oil at all.
- Pretty easy to use.
- There is no digital touch screen display.
With the discussion of Ninja Vs Philips air fryer, we can figure out the differences in the features and key specifications of three different Ninja and Phillips air fryers. We can easily find out the differences. Here we give a Comparison chart on the similarities of these two companies’ air fryers.
Similarities Between the Ninja and Phillips Air Fryer
- Ninja and Phillip air fryers provide consumers with a fast cooking process. The comparison between these two air fryers says that we cannot compare the cooking times of these two different companies.
- Easy to use. Both of the air fryers are too easy to use. You will get all the directions to use the air fryers through the user manual once.
- Temperature control system. They both give a fantastic temperature control system. You will get a variety of temperature control in every air fryer of Ninja and Phillips.
- Some of the Ninja and Phillips air fryers offer an auto shut-off facility. This specification is not available in every air fryer, but some Phillips and some Minja air fryers have it.
- Variety of functions. You will get a lot of functionality in these two air fryers. You can cook a lot of foods with your desired crispness.
Conclusion (Which One to Buy)
Needless to say, both of the air fryers are made with unique features. They are some of the most renowned brands in the market. Compared to the elements, specifications, and reviews, the Ninja air fryers are a little more popular with consumers.
It offers a broader range of temperatures than the Phillips air fryers. In addition, the Ninja air fryers have a digital screen, which Phillips does not have.
Though both offer an outstanding performance level and maintain stability and durability, Comparing Ninja vs Philips air fryer, the Ninja air fryers have a little extra review rate from consumers than the Phillip air fryers.
Jen Lin-Liu is the founder of Black Sesame Kitchen. A Chinese-American writer and a nationally certified Chinese chef in Beijing. Jen is the author of two memoirs, Serve the People: A Stir-Fried Journey Through China and On the Noodle Road: From Beijing to Rome with Love and Pasta.