There are many that appreciate a freshly brewed coffee made from beans. Some coffee makes have built-in grinders but the vast majority do not and the only way to get the best coffee is to get it out of fresh beans. This does not mean that coffee made from already ground beans is not good it is just that there is a discreet difference in terms of flavor and fragrance.
Coffee grinders are a great choice for the ones that settle for nothing but the best. The smell of coffee is different when it comes from freshly grinded beans. Today we will have a quick look at 10 different models selected out of hundreds available. We were able to find both electric and manual grinders. Electric grinders, especially the more expensive ones, come with extra options that allow the user to select how fine or coarse the coffee will be. Their capacity can vary just as well as the price. We managed to select a good variation of coffee grinders for all budgets. To keep things short here is our list of the top 10 best coffee grinder reviews.
JavaPresse Manual Coffee Grinder
- ENJOY THE PERFECT CUP OF FRESH COFFEE ― The Manual Coffee Grinder by JavaPresse Coffee Company has a built-in adjustable ceramic burr with over 18 manual grind settings to ensure you have 100% precision & control over the coarseness of your grind. This hand coffee grinder is great for all brewing methods to enjoy the perfect cup of fresh coffee and espresso in the morning.
- CONVENIENT, PORTABLE AND EASY-TO-USE ESPRESSO GRINDER ― The hand crank coffee grinder mechanism eliminates over 90% of the noise that electric coffee bean grinders produce. Unlike electric burr grinders for coffee beans, the patented JavaPresse dual plated manual ceramic burr coffee grinder assembly requires no batteries, power or long plastic cords to operate. This allows you to enjoy fresh ground coffee beans at home or on the go as the best camping coffee grinder.
- THE BEST WAY TO START YOUR DAY ― This manual coffee grinder is equipped with a professional grade ceramic conical burr for an incredibly consistent coffee grind that heightens flavors of the most exquisite beans in the world. Smell the fresh aroma of fresh ground coffee as you brew them on your espresso machine, AeroPress, French Press or pour over coffee maker!
- TREAT YOURSELF TO THE HIGHEST QUALITY MANUAL COFFEE GRINDER THAT IS BUILT TO LAST ― Crafted with the same essence as traditional Japanese cookware, our patented ceramic handheld coffee grinder burr is tested through three quality inspections to last 5 times longer than comparable stainless steel coffee burrs. Combined with an impeccable frame and convenient size, this is the pinnacle travel coffee grinder that is a great gift for Father's Day or travel enthusiasts.
- ENHANCE YOUR MORNING WHILE MAKING AN IMPACT AROUND THE WORLD ― Your deliciously crafted cup of coffee from our manual coffee grinder is helping empower coffee farmers to chase a brighter future. A portion of our profits go towards positively impacting our partner’s coffee supply chain and their local communities. Our mission hinges on one fundamental idea: when we care, happiness flows and everyone wins. Including you with this hand coffee bean grinder by JavaPresse.
The JavaPresse manual coffee grinder is a simple device that works the same way a regular black pepper or salt grinder works. It has a hand crank mechanism that is easy to turn and the result is quite decent.
Unfortunately the model does not allow the user to select how fine the coffee will be grinded. On the other hand it makes almost no noise when compared with an electric one. The model is made out of stainless steel with high quality parts. It is so well made that the manufacturers offer a lifetime warranty for the grinder.
Cuisinart Grind Central Coffee Grinder DCG-12BC
- EASILY GRIND LARGE QUANTITIES: You'll easily process up to 90g/3.2oz of beans at once, enough to make up to 18 cups of fresh coffee
- MODERN DESIGN: We bring a modern touches to this coffee grinder with popular brushed stainless steel to seamlessly blend with your appliances
- HEAVY-DUTY MOTOR: Stainless steel blades and high power motor with provides consistent results with on/off control for simple operation
- LID FEATURES: We designed this coffee grinder to have a built-in safety interlock to prevent operation unless lid is securely closed – store extra coffee grounds in the grinding bowl
- EXTRA PERKS: Dishwasher-safe, removable stainless steel bowl and cord storage for ease of use. This product is BPA free and comes with an instruction book to assist with the set up and learning process
Cuisinart DCG-12BC is one of the more inexpensive electric coffee grinders in our list. It is a simple model with a solid brushed stainless steel housing and a large 90 gram capacity. The model is can grind about 18 cups work of coffee in one go.
In terms of maintenance, the stainless steel bowl is safe to clean in a dishwasher. The model includes a storage lid that enables the user to store the extra coffee inside the grinding bowl.
Proctor E167CY Silex
- Easy to Use: simple on / off button operation
- Make Up to 12 Cups of Coffee: You can grind up to 8 tablespoons of beans, enough for 12 cups of coffee
- Retractable Cord: A retractable cord stores the cord neatly and out of sight when it is not in use
- Stainless Steel Blades: Durable stainless steel blades grind coffee beans and spices with ease
- Limited one year warranty
Proctor Silex is a simple and inexpensive model. Maybe too simple for some. It has a plastic body with just an on and off body. The model does not allow to select how coarse the coffee will be however it can also be used for spices.
It has a 10 cup capacity which is more than enough. At the same time it has an extremely compact design and a retractable cord that makes it very easy to store it.
Mr. Coffee Electric Coffee Blade Grinder IDS77
- Automatic coffee and spice grinder with variable settings: Coarse, Medium, or Fine.Product Dimensions 5 x 4 x 9 inches
- Chamber Maid Cleaning System sweeps chamber walls to reduce mess and waste
- Precisely grind for the amount of coffee you are brewing: From 4 to 12 cups; Cord length: 25 inches
- 1 year limited warranty
Mr. Coffee IDS77 coffee grinder is a great and simple model that offers a great deal for the price. It has a simple design and surprisingly it allows the user to select one of the 3 grinding levels.
The model comes with a black plastic body and a see-trough coffee chamber. It also has a self cleaning system that removes the coffee from the walls. The capacity of the model is 12 cups and depending on the quantity the model can be set to stop automatically at the perfect time in order to obtain the same grind every single time.
KitchenAid Blade Coffee Grinder BCG111OB
- Clear Top Cover and One-Touch Control allows for operation at the touch of a button—simply push down on the cover to begin grinding and release to stop. The clear cover also allows you to easily see the consistency of grinds.
- Stainless Steel Blade offers durability and powerful performance, quickly grinding enough whole coffee beans to make up to 12 cups of coffee.
- Removable 4-Oz. Stainless Steel Bowl features measurement markings on the inside, so you know at a glace the quantity of coffee beans needed to make 4, 8, 10 or 12 cups of coffee. The bowl lifts out, making it easy to transfer grinds to the coffee maker.
- Model BCG111 includes heavy duty motor housing, stainless steel 4-ounce capacity bowl with stainless steel coffee grinder blade, clear top cover.
- 1 year hassle-free replacement warranty.
The KitchenAid BCG1110B is a great option for the ones that need a new coffee grinder and do not want to spend too much on it. It has a stylish design with a brushed stainless steel body and stainless steel blades.
The model has a removable steel bowl with markings on the side that allow the user to make 4, 8, 10 or even 12 cups of coffee. Maintenance is fairly simple. As for its reliability the model uses a powerful electric motor that was built to last.
Hamilton Beach 80365 Coffee Grinder
- DISHWASHER SAFE GRINDING BOWL: The grinding bowl on this coffee bean grinder is designed with durable stainless steel. It's removable for easy filling and pouring and is dishwasher safe.
- GRIND ENOUGH TO BREW UP TO 12 CUPS OF COFFEE: If you love the delicious taste of coffee made from freshly ground beans, this electric coffee grinder is perfect for the job whether you're grinding coffee for a quick cup or a full pot
- SIMPLE & INTUITIVE: The coffee grinder is so easy to use that you'll want to drink flavorful coffee made from freshly ground coffee beans everyday. Just place the lid on the grinder and press the button to grind coffee. Release to stop grinding.
- DURABLE STAINLESS STEEL BLADES: With the durable stainless steel blades, this grinder makes easy work of grinding everything from coffee beans to herbs and spices
- REDUCE CLUTTER WITH HIDDEN CORD STORAGE: Hideaway cord storage at the bottom of the grinder stores the cord neatly and out of sight when it's not in use.
Hamilton Beach 80365 is a great product that offers reliable performance in a compact form factor. The coffee grinder uses a high endurance electric motor and stainless steel blades that makes it extremely durable over time.
The model has a simple dial that allows the user to select how fine the coffee will be and select how many cups of coffee to prepare. Its top cap is made of clear plastic that makes it easy to see when it is ready.
Epica Electric Coffee Grinder & Spice Grinder
- Quick & Powerful: The stainless steel blade and 200W of power grind coffee beans to coarse in 5 seconds, medium in 10 seconds, and fine in 15 seconds
- Fresh Coffee, Anytime: Prepare freshly ground beans every morning with the Cosori coffee grinder. It turns whole beans into a smooth blend in seconds, so you can enjoy a rejuvenating cup of coffee with less wait time
- Multifunction Use –The sharp blades are made of high-quality stainless steel, which pave way for a more efficient grind. The exclusive 4-blade bowl is ideal for crushing larger and harder objects
- Safety Lock: For added safety, the coffee grinder won’t start unless the lid is locked in place
- Durable Design: The motor was designed with copper wires for extra durability, and it features overheat protection. The coffee grinder automatically shuts off if it reaches 200°F
The Epica coffee grinder is a classic model that comes with just an on and off switch. What is special about it is its electric motor. According to the manufacturers the model uses the most powerful motor that is rated at 250 watts.
In terms of build quality it comes with a solid black body and a large on and off button. The top cap is made out of clear plastic while the coffee bowl uses stainless steel. It is relatively easy to clean and does not spill coffee.
Capresso Infinity Burr Grinder 560.01
- PRECISION GRINDING: Commercial-grade, solid steel conical burrs with advanced cutting design
- WIDE GRINDING RANGE: From ultrafine Turkish to French Press coarse and everything in between
- PRESERVES AROMA: Gear reduction motor grinds slow with reduced noise and little static build-up
- LARGE CAPACITY: 8.8 ounce bean container and 4 ounce ground coffee container.Watts/Volts/Hertz: 100W/120V/60Hz
- EASY TO CLEAN: Removable upper burr allows access for easy cleaning
The Capresso 560.01 coffee grinder is one of the more expensive models in our list. It is not a standard model as it has a very large capacity. The coffee bean holder is large enough for up to 8 ounces of coffee while the grounds container can hold about 4 ounces.
The grinder comes with a built-in timer and removable holders. This makes it quite easy to clean. In terms of grinding options the model has 16 different settings.
Cuisinart Supreme Grind Automatic Burr Mill DBM-8
- ENJOY OPTIMUM FLAVOR: Burr grinding provides a uniform grind to your fresh coffee beans with its 18-position grind selector – move the slide-dial from ultra-fine to extra-coarse to ensure your coffee grounds are exactly the way you prefer
- REMOVABLE FEATURES: Our 8 oz. bean hopper is fully removable as well as our built-in grind chamber for ease-of-use and accessibility during the cleaning process, Heavy-duty motor
- GRIND CHAMBER: Our removable grind chamber holds enough ground coffee for 32-cups, you won’t have to worry about grinding beans multiple times to brew coffee for the entire household
- ONE-TOUCH GRIND: The one-touch power bar is separate from the unit and complemented by an electric timer that automatically shuts off the unit when your grind cycle is complete
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: Our heavy-duty unit motor doesn’t take away space for additional design features; enjoy the convenience of cord storage and an additional scoop/cleaning brush to declutter, clean and maximize counter space
The Cuisinart DBM-8 is a great model that offers a great deal for the money. It has a mid-range price and a solid stainless steel body. Its container is quite large while the grounds container is even larger. Both of them can be removed, making it easier to clean.
In terms of performance the model uses a high endurance motor and premium stainless steel blades. Surprisingly the grinder is fairly small taking very little storage space.
KRUPS Coffee Grinder F203
- Coffee and spice grinder with 200-watt motor provides fast grinding
- Oval design and stainless-steel blades ensure uniform grinding
- Blades can grind coffee beans, spices, herbs, nuts, grains and more
- Lid activated safety switch for ease of use and more safety
- Grinds as finely or coarsely as desired
Even if the KRUPS F203 is extremely affordable, its popularity is not because of the low price. It is a very reliable coffee grinder with a straight forward design and a reliable electric motor.
The model has a clear top cap that makes it easy to see how fine the coffee is. It only has an on and off button and in order to grind it finer, all it takes is to keep it running longer. Its 200 watt motor also helps a lot as it is extremely reliable and quite powerful.
Coffee grinders all work the same. For most part their pricing does not vary a lot. The more expensive models usually offer more grinding options and larger holder capacity but other than that everything is the same.
If we were to determine what is the most important thing about a grinder that would be the capacity. Its size is also important and for some storage space is fairly limited and keeping the coffee grinder as a tabletop appliance takes up too much space. For our list we were able to find both small and large models in order to offer enough options for the ones searching for a coffee grinder.