Sushi is a famous dish bearing the identity of Japan. To make dishes, the chefs here often use special knives to process dishes. So do you know what is the best sushi knife? Let’s find out in this article.
In-Depth Reviews of The Best Sushi Knife
Yoshihiro Hayate Inox Aus-8
- Versatile and Durable: Crafted with premium high quality stainless steel, the 8 Inch Chef Knife features a sharp, high carbon steel blade that can handle all cutting tasks like a pro.
- Comfortable and Balanced: Our Full-Tang Chef Knife has an ergonomic handle, providing a comfortable and secure grip, allowing for precise and effortless cuts every time.
- Protect Your Investment: Included with the knife is a Chef Knife Sheath 8 Inch to safeguard the blade from damage and ensure long-lasting performance.
- Perfect for Professionals and Cooking Enthusiasts: This Chef Knife Professional is a top-of-the-line tool that can handle even the most demanding kitchen environments, making it an ideal choice for professional chefs and home cooks.
- Precision Cutting: Expertly crafted Chef's Knives provide unparalleled precision and accuracy, allowing you to easily chop, slice, and dice your ingredients with ease.
The Yoshihiro Shiroko knife is famous for its durability and strength. It is suitable for chopping chickens and ducks, and cutting bones.
In contrast, Japanese knives have a high degree of sophistication. It is suitable for sophisticated slicing and cutting.
Just by looking at sushi, you will understand the standard of Japanese knives. The success of the dish completely depends on the chef’s knife skills.
Besides, the quality of the knife to produce perfect slices of meat is also very important. Yoshihiro Hayate Stainless Steel Aus-8 Yanagi is a typical example.
The Yoshihiro Hayate brand’s sushi knife model feels sturdy and solid. Comfortable handle. The knife weight is just right, just right to cut fish meat without damaging the fish.
The blade is from Yoshihiro Hayate’s proprietary steel. The blade can last for years of sharp and precise cuts without sharpening.
- High quality Aus-8 NOX material
- Solid knife handle
- Super sharp for slicing thin fish
- Durable and good comfort
- Price is a bit high
The Yoshihiro Shiroko sushi knife gives you the perfect solution for cutting salmon. The sharp blade goes deep into each fiber of the fish. You will not experience structural damage like when using a regular knife. Overall, this Japanese sushi knife is a knife worth buying for cutting sushi.
DALSTRONG Honesuki Knife
- A true warrior never dies. The Valhalla Series are a collection of precision-forged, ultra-sharp, and wear-resistant knives with godlike performance that will withstand the test of time. Crafted of materials with a look and feel that can only be described as divine, you'll reach for these sublimely designed knives time and time again
- The Valhalla Series 8" Chef Knife is the flagship of this series, a high-performing kitchen workhorse perfect for every culinary challenge you face
- Forged from a single-piece, high carbon steel at 60+ Rockwell hardness and hand-sharpened to a savage 8-12 degrees per side, this blade will channel all your might with every slice
- The celestial resin handle - reinforced with stabilized wood and a stainless steel bolster - feels sturdy and turns heads with its rugged and gorgeous design. Complete with a Valhalla-embossed leather sheath, you can keep your knife protected on the go or stashed in a drawer
DALSTRONG Honesuki Knife – 5.5″ is a famous product of DALSTRONG. The sushi chef knife shows the meticulousness of professional artisan knife makers from Japan. The blade material is an AUS-10V steel alloy.
We have a little tip about this amazing knife. It is through standard cryogenic tempering, it will help to increase the crystal structure of steel.
As a result, it enhances the hardness, sharpness, and flexibility of Dalstrong’s knives. This artist sharpens this knife using the ancient 3-step Honbazuke method.
The blade tends to get smaller towards the tip. It makes cutting your sushi easier.
- Cleaning is very simple
- The triple riveted is ready
- Good looks
- Great performance
- Anti-corrosion grade available
- It’s a bit heavy
This is the best knife available today with a sharp edge, comfortable handle. It is especially good at slicing sushi and sashimi. Thereby shortening food preparation time. The blade part is very detailed. So as long as it is well preserved, it can stay sharp for a long time.
In short, this is the best knife for sushi for your reference.
Sashimi Sushi Knife Japanese 10.5 inch Yanagiba Knife
- High-Carbon Stainless Steel Blade- It is manufactured from high-quality stainless steel that maintains its functionality for a long time. And to boost its sturdiness, the steel contains 0.6-0.75 carbon. This makes it two times as hard as other knives in its class as they contain about 0.3% carbon.
- Multi-functional Knife- The gyutou knife is classified and designed to be multipurpose knife for professional applications .It cuts,dices,slices,chops and also cuts meat off bones. It comes with a HRC( Rockwell Hardness Scale) of 56-58 which makes it among the tough knives in its class.
- Ergonomic Pakka Handle- To make it more professional and minimize any fatigue, finger numbness or aches after holding it continuously for an extended time the knife's handle is made from Pakka. This is material that originates from Africa and its known for its comfort, strength and stability.
- Ultra-sharp Edge- Sharpness is key to achieving the best cuts and this is evident in the knife's blade which is quite sharp and will remain this way even after tough tasks such as cutting tough meat or removing flesh from bones. The sharpness is further boosted by use of the latest Japanese engineering.
- Corrosion Resistance Stainless Blade- In addition to carbon, 16-18% chrome is also included in the blade's metal composition. This gives its a glossy finish which will not tarnish even after using it for a long time, they are perfect mothers day gifts, fathers day gifts, wedding and birthday gifts. We offer our customers a no-hassle refund within 3 months and a lifetime warranty on these knives.
The Keemake knife is a great choice for under $100. It plays a role as one of the best sushi knife brands all over the world.
The knife is 10.5 inches long with a VG-10 high-grade stainless steel blade. It is stain-resistant. Ergonomically designed for easy use by left-handed people too.
Keemake always makes users happy.
Besides, the traditional wooden handle is familiar and sturdy. The blade has a 12 to 15-degree inclination and a solid edge hold.
Keemake offers the solution as an efficient and precise sushi knife. If you are a beginner or a professional chef, owning a knife as good as this is well worth it.
- Solid wooden handle, anti-slip
- Perfect sushi cut
- Good edge retention
- The extremely sharp sushi chefs knife
- Blade material is high-grade stainless steel VG-10
- There is nothing to complain about the professional sushi knife.
Meanwhile, Keemake is the best Japanese best sashimi in its price range. It has many advantages that customers cannot ignore. It is a blade made from super-hard steel. This knife is sharp, cut very smooth. It is not wrong to say that it can cut meat as thin as paper. Overall, Keemake is a good sushi cutter choice under $100.
Sashimi Sushi Knife 10 inch
- STEAK KNIFE SET - Avanta knives were developed for one of the leading culinary schools in North America. Designed with uncompromising attention to detail, they feature rounded, triple-rivet POM handles for comfort and durability.
- BLADE WITH A PURPOSE - Smooth, fine edges are the most versatile for cutting. This edge can be used to cut, chop, slice & dice all firm and soft fruits, vegetables, meats and fish.
- HIGH QUALITY - Our blades are crafted from German X50 stainless steel for knives that are sharp, rust resistant, and easy to maintain. Plus, the solid bolsters and full tang construction give the knives great balance & heft.
- OUR STORY - Founded in 1981, Messermeister is a leading manufacturer of premium handcrafted kitchen cutlery. Today, we’re a family and women-owned company, continuing to bring innovation & creativity to kitchens around the world.
First, you need to notice that the corner of the Japanese blade has a very characteristic sharpening. It helps you distinguish fake goods most easily.
imarku’s 10-inch Sashimi Sushi Knife features a blade design with a single bevel knife that ranges from 12 to 15 degrees. It makes slicing salmon more accurate and faster.
In particular, the imarku knife set has a unique 1-sided sharpening design of a sushi knife. So when using it to slice Japanese food, this process also shortens the time and effort.
Overall, imarku gives your family a great tool for making sushi. It has a very sharp blade. So it won’t break, crush or ruin your beautiful piece of salmon.
The carbon stainless steel blade delivers unrivaled performance.
User-friendly Pakkawood handle. About hygiene, it doesn’t take much time to clean. The maintenance is also not too strict.
However, you do not put it in the dishwasher. Please clean and dry them immediately after use to keep them last longer.
- Easy to sharpen
- Blade length is 24 cm. It is easy to handle
- Ultra sharp cutting edge
- Some people don’t like its origin – China
Its ergonomic design gives the cook better control of the force. It helps you to cut very comfortably without much effort.
Packed with useful features, it’s the perfect knife. It makes it easy to make sashimi at home. Besides, it is also a valuable gift for friends and soon-to-be-married couples.
DALSTRONG Yanagiba Sushi Knife – 9.5″
- 【High Carbon German Stainless Steel Laser-engraved Pattern(Not Damascus Pattern )】 MOSFiATA 8 inch pro chef's knife is made of premier high carbon German EN1.4116 stainless steel with high strength and increased rigidity. The kitchen knife contains 0.45-0.55% carbon, twice hardness than other knives, which will maintain longer sturdiness function.Laser-engraved pattern on the blade surface for decoration & anti-sticking.(NOTE: Different from Damascus pattern! Don't be confused!)
- 【Razor Sharp Edge & Anti-Corrosion, Anti-Tarnish Blade】Processed with the unique polishing technology and hand sharpened 16°per side, the chef kitchen knife's blade tapers from the spine to the cutting edge, for effortless precision cutting, as well as greater stability and durability. 15% chrome which provides corrosion resistance and an anti-tarnish finish.
- 【Full Tang Construction & Ergonomic Design】 MOSFiATA ergonomic knife handle is made of santoprene for comfort and polypropylene for durability. It features textured finger points that provide slip resistance and a better grip. The solid Micarta handle can minimize wrist tension while providing a secure, comfortable grip no matter the size of your hand or where you are gripping the handle. Triple riveted Micarta handle to the precise forged full tang for extra strength & durability.
- 【Professional Kitchen Chef Knife】The multifunctional cooking knife can easily handle your daily kitchen tasks of cutting, slicing, chopping, mincing and dicing of fruits, vegetables and all kind of meat. A professional and all-rounder home cooks knife for you.
- 【Exquisite Gift Box】- Our kitchen knife set packed in a stylish black presentation box, comes with a stainless steel finger guard, a knife sharpener and a blade guard. Thoughtful design and an excellent gift idea for friends, family, and special occasions such as birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, and more.
DALSTRONG is one of the names that are not too strange for sushi knives. The Yanagiba Sushi Knife version is one of the knives in the kitchen knife set of DALSTRONG. It is one of the chef knives that are ideal for making sushi or sashimi.
With a modern design using premium materials, the DALSTRONG Knife gives chefs absolute confidence.
The handle from Pakkawood is sturdy and non-slip. Its design is perfect and fits in the palm of your hand. The materials are all high-grade materials, so it ensures certain durability.
- Elegant, clean, and well-balanced design
- Extremely sharp knife
- Impressive performance
- Exquisite and modern beauty
- High carbon steel material
- Lifetime warranty
- Compared to Japanese-style single bevel knives, the bevel of DALSTRONG Yanagiba is a bit shorter.
Besides, the blade is of high carbon steel. Therefore, DALSTRONG Yanagiba Sushi knives always have a certain sharpness and shine.
The blade is very hard, with high elasticity. It ensures very good slicing and cutting without chipping. If your kitchen space has a knife like this, it is great.
KYOKU Samurai Series
- ULTRA-SHARP BLADES: Superior professional-level sharpness that ensures precision cutting.
- STAYS SHARP LONGER: Professional, satin-finished blade boasts precision cutting and is finely honed for long-lasting sharpness.
- EFFORTLESS CUTTING: Enjoy easy meal prep with minimal effort with this lightweight, easy-to-use knife.
- KITCHEN TASKS: Slicing, chopping, and mincing vegetables, fruits, and herbs, to cutting through large slabs of meat and disjointing bones, and more.
- QUICK CLEAN UP: No-fuss cleanup, in the dishwasher or by hand. Stain and rust-free blades.
KYOKU Samurai Series is one of the most convenient Japanese kitchen knives. It has a very comfortable grip design. With this knife, you don’t have to worry about the handle is too big to fit your hand.
Special comes with carbon stainless steel. KYOKU Samurai Series offers long-lasting shine and wear resistance.
- Outstanding performance
- Super hard, super thin,super-sharp require and super sharp steel
- Good balance ability
- Lifetime warranty
- The shaped handle is wenge wood for authentic cooking
- This knife is a bit heavy
One outstanding feature that the KYOKU Samurai Series knives have is durability. Besides, the balance ratio between the blade as well as the handle is so good. It gives the user a very comfortable feel and is easy to slice.
MSY BIGSUNNY 7 inch Deba knife
- ULTRA RAZOR-SHARP: ZWILLING knives start out razor-sharp and stay sharper longer, even with minimal care. 57 Rockwell Hardness = excellent edge retention. Edge angle 15 degrees per side.
- THE LAST KNIFE YOU’LL EVER NEED TO BUY: Zwilling knives are built to last. They are German engineered informed by almost 300 Years of masterful knife making.
- WE KNOW MORE ABOUT KNIVES THAN ANYONE ELSE IN THE WORLD: ZWILLING has been making knives since 1731 in the renowned “City of Blades” Solingen, Germany and we are constantly innovating to bring you the best knives possible.
- LARGEST MANUFACTURER OF KNIVES GLOBALLY: As the largest manufacturer of knives globally, we own our factories so we can control the quality at every step of production.
- SUPERIOR CRAFTMANSHIP: Special formulated German stainless steel perfected for almost 300 years. Ice-hardened FRIODUR blade starts sharper, stays sharper longer, and has superior resilience. Made in Company Owned German Factory.
MSY BIGSUNNY 7 inch Deba knife is an indispensable name at the top of the best sushi knives. The blade is made of carbon alloy material to increase the durability of the knife.
The total size of the MSY BIGSUNNY knife is 7 inches. It is not too big, not too small, but it fits the chef’s hand. The wooden handle has a clever design to fit the user’s hand,
Besides, the product also has a full warranty, bringing high reliability to users.
- Solid wooden handle
- Rockwell hardness
- High carbon material
- Easy in slicing fish
- Competitive price
- Razor sharp
- Cut the meat very well but it is not suitable for cutting vegetables.
MSY BIGSUNNY 7 inch Deba with 1 fixed sharp side creates a comfortable feeling when cutting fish meat. The heel of the tongue has a breathable design. It makes it easy to sharpen knives. It is also quite easy to use for easier cutting other food.
With a price tag of more than 30 dollars, the steel knife is a knife worth trying if you require a knife to make sushi at home.
Stainless Steel Sushi Sashimi Knife
- Outstanding craftsmanship, cutting-edge technology, stunning design elements, and materials. Peak performance has never looked so good
- Incredibly razor sharp, full-tang, imported high-carbon German knife steel with a hand polished edge at 16-18 degrees per side. Precisely tempered and stain resistant chef knife
- Chef's knives, with satisfying heft, materials and quality feel. G10 Wood handle is triple-riveted with a grip that ensures comfort and maneuverability. Laminated and polished for a sanitary build
- Engineered to perfection at 56+ Rockwell hardness and hand polished to a satin finish. Carefully tapered for improved hardness, flexibility, and minimal slicing resistance. Tall blade height provides useful knuckle clearance
Sekiryu is a knife that is popular with many users. It is very convenient for fast cutting. In particular, the blade comes with a sturdy design with high durability.
Besides, the knife handle possesses a modern and neat design. It’s great that your family’s kitchen has a Sekiryu knife.
This knife weighs only 0.3 pounds, it produces good and precise cutting power on every fiber. Your piece of salmon looks so shimmery.
Sekiryu Sushi Sashimi Knife gives space luxury with bright white color, no rust, no discoloration. Besides, the stainless steel blade helps the knife to keep its sharpness longer.
- Prestigious brand
- 12.99 inches long
- Quality sushi knife
- Super good price
- Razor sharp
- Unstable sharpness
The Sekiryu knife series comes with a design with modern technology. It helps to provide additional rust, stain, and wear resistance. And yet, people also apply the “Tsuchime” technique on the surface to help food limit adhesion.
SAWKIT Sashimi Sushi Knife 7-9 Inch
- ✅ Look Sharp and Cut Sharper Without Slicing a Hole in Your Wallet: Crafted from the finest materials in the world, this masterpiece of the professional kitchen is forged with an authentic Japanese AUS-10V “Super-Steel” cutting core to ensure flexibility and maximum edge retention without dulling or chipping. 66 layers of high carbon stainless Damascus steel cladding add aesthetic beauty and prevent both rusting and corrosion.
- ✅ Geometrically Perfect and Scary Sharp: The angles of this blade represent the pinnacle of design and the accumulation of millennia of chef knife making evolution. Finished to a mirror polish of within an astounding 8-12 degree angle per side using the traditional 3-step Honbazuke method, this blade is viciously sharp. The tapered curvilinear blade of this knife is ideal for mincing, slicing, and chopping vegetables, slicing meat, and disjointing large cuts.
- ✅ Performance, Comfort, & Beauty: Military grade ergonomic G-10 handle is immune to cold, heat, and moisture. This bolster allows easy access to sharpen the entire blade down to the blade heel. Optimal knuckle clearance gives room for use without knuckle interference. Rounded handle and tapered pinch-grip bolster encourage natural handling with perfect balance. Rosetta rivet adds a cherry on top to this magnificent culinary tool.
- ✅ Never A Dull Moment: Our Ironclad 100% Lifetime Guarantee and Free Sharpening for life means that you can buy this knife risk free and Regalia makes knives that stand the test of time and so does our commitment to you. Our no questions asked replacement or money back guarantee protects you for life from any possible defect. Our Regalia free sharpening policy allows you to send in your knife at any time for a free tune up. Try it now, 100% risk free.
SAWKIT Sashimi Sushi Knife is one of the knife products that has made it to the top of the list of the best kitchen knives. It is popular with many people. Knife material as well as German kitchen knives.
It is truly a master at filleting fish pieces. The finished products you receive are standard pieces of fish down to millimeters. Forget about broken or less sharp fish with this knife. This is also a commendable knife for Japanese cuisine.
SAWKIT Sashimi Sushi knife is not heavy, not slippery.
- Multi-function knife for cutting a variety of foods
- Knife for right-handed people
- Admirable sharpness
- Luxurious packaging, suitable for gifts
- Suitable for Japanese dishes
- It is just enough for household use, not suitable for professional chefs
This is also a multi-purpose knife. It can cut and fillet fish perfectly. Other than that, it has no trouble cutting vegetables and other foods. Also if you need something to peel fruit it does a pretty good job.
The knife has 2 sizes of 7 inches and 9 inches for you to choose from. The handle fits comfortably in the palm of your hand.
So you don’t have to worry about it being too big. With an elegant design and admirable sharpness, the SAWKIT knife is a great choice.
TUO Sashimi Sushi Yanagiba Knife
- [Selection of high-end gifts] Our Damascus knife has a unique and very beautiful natural casting texture. The V-shaped sharp edges can sharpen the hands precisely to 10-15 ° on each side and easily cut into thin slices. And comes with a beautiful gift box. The handle is made of stable and high-density colored wood.
- [Super sharp cutting core material] This product is made of professional super steel VG10 cutting core (made of 67-layer Damascus high-carbon stainless steel), which is hammered by vacuum heat treatment. During the folding and forging process, Damascus steel will form very dense fine metal grains, which will sharpen the fine sawtooth super sharp edges on the cutting edge.
- [Perfectly balanced performance] The 8-inch master knife can be used with both hands. It has a better cutting balance angle without causing physical fatigue, allowing us to cut faster and more efficiently. Features: The blade is slender, lightweight, and the sharp edges are suitable for various foods.
- [Focus on technology and design] Aisyoko has For many years of advanced craftsmanship in kitchen knife manufacturing. Compared with other knives, our 8-inch chef's knives are too sharp, can keep sharp for a long time, easy to re-sharpen the knife, labor-saving design, the cutting angle of front, back, up and down is better. A smart choice for home cooks and professional cooks.
- [100% customer service + material description] Product warranty: Aisyoko products provide 30 days refund, replacement and lifetime warranty. We are always ready to provide you with the most satisfactory solution.
TUO Sashimi Sushi Yanagiba is a knife meticulously hand crafted with high-quality stainless steel. It offers outstanding rigidity. Therefore, the products of the TUO knife line always receive high praise for their durability.
Inheriting the essence of Japanese knives, this sushi knife focuses on balance and elegance. It has a very premium look despite the very soft price tag. It offers the ability to cut meat as thin as paper.
- Outstanding quality
- Good thin cutting
- POM plastic handle with anti-slip octagon
- Exquisite blade
- There is nothing to worry about.
TUO Sashimi Sushi Yanagiba is a 10.5″ meat slicer. If you love sushi and sashimi, buy a TUO meat slicer for your kitchen right away.
In addition to slicing fish, you can also use this knife to cut ham and meat into long slices. It doesn’t tear the meat at all.
What’s so special about the Japanese Sushi Knife?
The surprising thing about knives in this country is the blade. Japanese knives are only sharpened on one side when used for raw foods.
When cutting, it will not break the tissue. Therefore, raw food does not get fishy and retains the flavor of the dish.
Here, let’s find out if there is anything special about Japanese Sushi knives.
When it comes to Japanese sushi knives, people often think of a common knife for everything. It can cut vegetables, meat and even cut sushi rolls.
Here we need to distinguish that the Japanese Sushi Knife and the western style knife are completely different. The sharpness and the material are all different.
Sushi in Japan is famous for its sushi rolls made from rice, vegetables, eggs, and raw seafood such as salmon, tuna, and herring.
In the West, Sushi is usually Makizushi, Makizushi. Its main ingredient is usually seaweed rolled with all the vegetables and ingredients inside.
Japan is famous for sushi made from raw fish as the main ingredient.
Japanese Knife Forging Tradition Sushi in Japan often uses high-quality carbon. This material is often used in forging katana swords. This is a traditional sword in Japan.
A special feature of the Japanese Sushi knife is that it is very sharp on one side. Meanwhile, sushi knives in the West often sharpen both sides.
The special thing about the design of the Sushi knife is that it has a category for right-handed people.
A right-handed cook has a sharpened blade on the right. A left-handed caster will have a sharpened blade on the left.
The special feature of the one-sided sharpening knife is that it helps the chef to cut the dish faster and more accurately.
However, it is difficult for newbies to use. They often find it difficult and often take a long time to get used to this particular knife.
Buying Guide to choose best sushi and sashimi knife
You should learn and choose the best sushi knife sets, suitable for you and your family.
To choose a good set of kitchen knives, you need to consider many aspects. Here are just a few highlights you need to pay attention to.
The impact of air and moisture will cause the knife to rust over time. This condition will soon cause the knife to shrivel, discolor and lose its shine. Moreover, rust makes the food processing process unsanitary.
There are many different knife materials on the market to choose from. Blades can be of ceramic, steel, or stainless steel.
Each type of knife material has its pros and cons. They will suit everyone’s taste. The more diverse and rich the knife material is, the more confused you are.
For knives made of ceramic material, they will not rust but will be sharp. However, it will be necessary to be very careful when using it as it is quite fragile.
Stainless steel knives are prone to wear and tear, so you will have to spend time sharpening them regularly.
Knives made of Japanese steel are sharper but more prone to rust.
The best advice is to choose a knife made of high-quality carbon stainless steel. This type of kitchen knife is often full tang. It strikes a good balance from weight to style.
You can comfortably hold it. Its advantage is a firm grip, standard food cutting. Besides, it often has high durability, ensuring safe hygiene in wet environments.
How good is the knife handle?
Size of handle
One criterion that you need to pay attention to when choosing a kitchen knife is the handle of the knife. The handle of the knife needs to be firm to ensure safety.
As for the sushi knife, it must not be big nor small. Preferably it should fit in the hand for easy handling.
With knives for chopping or chopping, choose a handle that is heavy and large enough. You should choose knives that have a solid steel part with the blade deeply embedded in the handle. It creates more stability and durability.
Knife handle material
The material of the knife handle is also very different:
- Plastic: resistant to slippage
- Silicone: feel comfortable
- Wood: creates certainty
Specialized function and style
So besides the material and handle, what other factors do you need to know before choosing a knife?
For each type of knife, when manufactured, people have a specific purpose in terms of function and suitable style.
For example, a kitchen knife will have a long blade, a wide surface, tapering towards the tip. This knife has sturdiness and versatility that can handle a variety of foods.
With a slicing knife, you should choose a thin, sturdy knife. It will ensure that the food after cutting still retains the desired shape.
This type is usually suitable for cutting whole beef, pork, and salmon into individual fibers. It is also very suitable for making sushi and sashimi. Each fiber is so thin, so even.
In addition to the two types of knives mentioned above, you should also choose some other knives for the kitchen.
For example, fruit paring knives, chopping knives, knife sharpeners, multi-purpose scissors, etc.
Each tool will make each stage of food processing easier.
Suitable knife length
In particular, you should see if the knife length is suitable and comfortable. This greatly affects the ease of moving in the cutting direction later on.
Besides, the balance and weight of the knife are quite important. It greatly affects your speed and force when used.
Choosing the best sushi knife set is due to the ingenuity and sophistication of good cooks.
And besides choosing a good knife, you should also separate the raw food processing knife function. The knife used to prepare cooked food is a separate type of knife.
It is to ensure hygiene. After each cut or chop of animal meat, you need to clean the knife with warm water and dish soap.
After that, it is better to use a clean soft cloth to dry. On the other hand, you also need to avoid using a knife to cut hard objects. This can easily cause the blade to chip.
Frequently Asked Questions
In Japan, do people use the same knives for cutting foods?
Japanese knives are many and varied. Chefs usually have their own set of Japanese knives for preparing food. Each Japanese knife has a function. People do not use the same knife for every food.
There are 3 types of knives used to prepare sushi and sashimi: Yanagiba, Fuguhiki, and Takohiki.
In which, the Japanese Yanagiba knife is short, small, and looks like a Western paring knife. Fuguhiki Japanese knives are usually only used for special fish such as snakehead and fugu.
The Takohiki Japanese Knife has a longer blade than the previous 2 types of knives. People often use it in the processing of squid and octopus.
For large size tuna, Japanese Maguro knives are often used. The size is as long as a Japanese sword. It’s used to butcher this huge ocean tuna.
How important is the knife metal?
The cheaper type is stainless steel. These knives are beautiful and sturdy. Its downside is that it can get blunt quickly and takes a while to sharpen.
Carbon steel is more expensive. But this metal is easier to keep sharp, although it can rust.
Then there’s the Damascus steel knife. These expensive knives have a carbon steel core. Surrounding it are layers of soft and hard stainless steel. The result is an extremely hard and sharp edge.
The “best sushi knife” review above has given you some suggestions when looking to buy a sushi knife. We have given the most unbiased reviews. Links may lead to Amazon links. We may earn from qualifying purchases through the Amazon affiliate marketing program.
Hope you will find the best sushi knife for yourself. Don’t forget to leave a comment if you need any assistance.
Jen Lin-Liu is the founder of Black Sesame Kitchen. A Chinese-American writer and a nationally certified Chinese chef in Beijing. Jen is the author of two memoirs, Serve the People: A Stir-Fried Journey Through China and On the Noodle Road: From Beijing to Rome with Love and Pasta.