Stir fry is a delicious and easy way to cook chicken, but many people are unsure of how to cut chicken for stir fry properly. There are a few different ways to cut chicken for stir fry, and the method you use will depend on the type of dish you are making. In this article, we will show you how to cut chicken for stir fry like a pro.
How To Choose Chicken For Stir Fry
When it comes to stir-fry, chicken is one of the most popular meats. It’s versatile, affordable, and easy to cook. But not all chicken is created equal. If you want your stir-fry to be a success, you need to use the right type of chicken. So how do you choose chicken for stir-fry?
Here are a few things to keep in mind:
When it comes to chicken for stir-fry, size matters. The ideal chicken for stir-fry is one that is small and thin. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and quickly. If you use a large or thick chicken, the outside will be cooked while the inside remains raw. Not only will this make your stir-fry less than ideal, but it can also be dangerous.
When it comes to chicken for stir-fry, you have two options: breast or thigh. Both types of chicken have their pros and cons. Chicken breasts are leaner and healthier, but they can also be more difficult to cook. Chicken thighs are fattier and more flavorful, but they can also be more difficult to cut. Ultimately, the best type of chicken for stir-fry is the one that you prefer.
When it comes to chicken for stir-fry, quality is important. You want to use chicken that is fresh and of good quality. This will ensure that your stir-fry is flavorful and delicious. Avoid using frozen chicken, as it can be difficult to cook evenly. If you must use frozen chicken, make sure to thaw it completely before cooking.
Now that you know how to choose chicken for stir-fry, you’re ready to get cooking! Check out our recipes for some inspiration.
How To Cut Chicken For Stir Fry
When cutting chicken for stir fry, it’s important to cut the chicken into thin, even slices. This will ensure that the chicken cooks evenly and quickly. Here are a few tips for how to cut chicken for stir fry:
Use A Sharp Knife
A sharp knife is a key for getting clean, even slices of chicken. If your knife is dull, it will be more difficult to get thin, even slices and the chicken may end up being unevenly cooked.
Cut Against The Grain
Cutting against the grain of the chicken will help to make the chicken more tender. Also, it helps to keep the chicken from shredding when you’re stir-frying it.
Slice The Chicken Into Thin Strips
The thinner the strips, the quicker they will cook through. You should try to aim for strips that are about 1/4-inch thick. This thick level of cut is often referred to as “julienne.”
Don’t Forget To Remove Any Excess Fat
Excess fat can make stir fry greasy and you feel bloated after eating it. To remove any excess fat, simply trim it off with your knife before cutting the chicken into strips.
Cutting chicken for stir fry is quick and easy if you follow these simple tips! With a sharp knife and by cutting against the grain, you’ll be able to get thin, even slices of chicken that will cook evenly and be nice and tender. Be sure to remove any excess fat before cooking and you’ll have a delicious, healthy meal in no time!
How To Prepare Chicken Before Stir Fry To Get Rid Of Its Bad Smell
The smell of chicken can be unpleasant, especially when it is being cooked. There are a few things you can do to help get rid of the smell and make your chicken more appetizing.
One way is to soak the chicken in vinegar for a short time before cooking. This will help to neutralize the smell and give the chicken a better flavor.
Another way to get rid of the smell of chicken is to add salt to the water when you are cooking it. Salt will kill all bacteria and help to keep the chicken from smelling bad. This will also help to keep the chicken moist and tender.
Adding lemon to the water when cooking chicken can also help to get rid of the smell. The acid in the lemon will help to kill bacteria and give the chicken a fresher smell.
If you do not have any of the other ingredients on hand, you can try using an onion. Cut an onion in half and place it in the water with the chicken. The onion will help to absorb some of the smell and make the chicken taste better.
If you want to add some flavor to your chicken, you can add spices to the water when you are cooking it. This will help to make the chicken more flavorful and less smelly.
Cook The Chicken Properly
One of the most important things you can do to prevent your chicken from smelling bad is to cook it properly. Make sure that the chicken is cooked all the way through and that there is no pink meat left. Undercooked chicken can harbor bacteria that can cause food poisoning.
Soak The Chicken In Milk
Soaking the chicken in milk is another way to help get rid of the smell. The milk will help to neutralize the smell and make the chicken taste better.
These are a few tips that you can use to help get rid of the smell of chicken. If you follow these tips, you should be able to cook chicken that smells good and tastes great.
The Best Chicken Stir Fry Recipe
The best chicken stir fry recipe is one that is simple and easy to follow. The ingredients are also easily accessible, so you can make it any time you want.
- 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Step 1: In a large skillet over medium-high heat, heat oil. Add onion, garlic, and ginger, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Step 2: Add bell peppers and chicken strips. Cook until chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together soy sauce, chicken broth, honey, cornstarch, and crushed red pepper flakes. Pour over chicken and peppers.
- Step 4: Cook until sauce has thickened, about 2 minutes. Serve with rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Variations Of Standard Chicken Stir Fry
There are many variations of a standard chicken stir fry. Some people might add in different vegetables or sauces, while others might cook the chicken differently. The following are three common variations of the chicken stir fry that can be made quickly and easily.
Spicy Chicken Stir Fry
For those who like a little bit of heat in their food, a spicy chicken stir fry can be made by adding some chili peppers or hot sauce to the dish. This will give the stir fry a nice kick that will surely wake up your taste buds.
- 1 lb. chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 1/2 red pepper, sliced
- 1/2 green pepper, sliced
- 1/4 onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- 2 tbsp. hot sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup rice
- Step 1: In a large skillet or wok, heat olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Step 2: Add in the chicken strips and cook until browned and cooked through.
- Step 3: Remove the chicken from the pan and set it aside on a plate.
- Step 4: Add the peppers, onion, and garlic to the pan and cook until soft.
- Step 5: Add the hot sauce to the pan and stir.
- Step 6: Add the chicken back into the pan and stir to coat with the sauce.
- Step 7: Serve over rice and enjoy!
Sweet and Sour Chicken Stir Fry
This variation is for those who like their food on the sweeter side. To make a sweet and sour chicken stir fry, simply add some pineapple chunks or juice and vinegar to the dish while cooking. This will create a delicious sweet and sour sauce that will complement the chicken perfectly.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1/4 cup vinegar
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- Step 1: In a large skillet or wok, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the chicken strips and cook until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2: Add the onions and peppers and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Step 3: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, sugar, vinegar, and pineapple juice. Pour this over the chicken and vegetables and cook for another 2 minutes until the sauce has thickened.
- Step 4: Serve over rice or noodles. Enjoy!
Teriyaki Chicken Stir Fry
A teriyaki chicken stir fry is perfect for those who enjoy the classic teriyaki flavor. To make this dish, simply add some teriyaki sauce to the chicken while cooking. This will give the stir fry a nice glaze that is perfect for satisfying your hunger.
- 1 lb chicken breast, cut into small strips
- 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 red pepper, diced
- 1 cup broccoli florets
- 1 cup of snow peas
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
- Step 1: In a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat, add olive oil and onion. Cook until onion is translucent.
- Step 2: Add garlic, green pepper, red pepper, broccoli, and snow peas. Stir fry for 4 minutes.
- Step 3: Add chicken strips and teriyaki sauce. Cook for 6 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Step 4: In a small bowl, whisk together chicken broth, cornstarch, and water. Add this mixture to the stir fry and cook until the sauce has thickened.
- Step 5: Serve over rice or noodles and enjoy!
No matter which variation you choose, a chicken stir fry makes for a quick and easy meal that is packed with flavor. So, next time you are looking for a tasty way to use up some chicken, give one of these variations a try! You won’t be disappointed.
Some Other Great Recipes With Chicken Rather Than Stir Fry
There are a lot of different ways to cook chicken, and one of the most popular is stir fry. However, there are some other great recipes that can be made with chicken rather than stir fry.
One such recipe is fried rice. Fried rice is a classic dish that can be made with just about any type of meat or vegetable. Rice is cooked in oil until it’s crispy, then mixed with eggs, soy sauce, and whatever else you might like.
For this delicious dish, you should have:
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 chicken breast, cut into small pieces
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Step 1: Start by cooking the rice according to the package instructions.
- Step 2: In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook until softened.
- Step 3: Then, add the chicken and cook until browned. Stir in the cooked rice, soy sauce, sugar, and green onions. Cook for an additional few minutes to allow everything to be evenly combined and heated through.
- Step 4: This dish is best served hot and fresh, so enjoy!
Buffalo Chicken Dip
Another great recipe that can be made with chicken is buffalo chicken dip. This dish is perfect for game day or any other time you’re looking for a tasty snack.
It’s easy to make and only requires a few simple ingredients:
- 1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup ranch dressing
- 1/2 cup buffalo sauce
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Step 1: In a large bowl, mix together the cream cheese, ranch dressing, and buffalo sauce until smooth. Stir in the chicken and cheddar cheese.
- Step 2: Pour the mixture into a baking dish and bake at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
- Step 3: Serve with chips, crackers, or celery, and enjoy!
Another great recipe to try is chicken curry. Curry is a spicy dish that originates from India. It usually contains a variety of different spices, along with chicken and rice.
The ingredients include:
- 1 onion
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Step 1: To make the curry, first sauté the onion in the olive oil over medium heat until it’s softened. Then add the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, turmeric, and chili powder. Stir and cook for a minute until fragrant.
- Step 2: Next, add the diced tomatoes and their juices, along with the chickpeas and chicken broth. Bring the mixture to a simmer and cook for about 10 minutes.
- Step 3: Finally, stir in the chopped cilantro and serve over rice. Enjoy!
There are endless possibilities when it comes to cooking with chicken, so don’t be afraid to experiment!
Q: Which part of chicken should be chosen for the best stir-fry?
A: The best part of the chicken to use for a stir-fry is the boneless, skinless breast meat. It cooks quickly and evenly and has a mild flavor that goes well with Asian seasonings. You can also use chicken thighs or legs, but they have more fat and tend to be a little chewier than the breast meat.
Avoid using chicken with the bone in, as it will take longer to cook and can make the dish more difficult to eat.
Q: What is the best way to cut the chicken for stir-fry?
A: The best way to cut the chicken for stir-fry is to slice it against the grain into thin, even strips. Cutting the chicken against the grain makes it more tender and flavorful since it will be less tough and chewy.
Additionally, make sure to trim any excess fat or sinew from the chicken before slicing. When preparing the vegetables for stir-fry, cut them into similar-sized pieces so they will cook evenly.
Finally, have all of your ingredients prepped and ready to go before you start cooking, as stir-frying moves quickly once it begins.
Q: What type of pan should be used for stir-frying?
A: A wok is the best type of pan to use for stir-frying because its shape promotes fast cooking and helps prevent sticking. A deep skillet or sauté pan can also be used, but make sure it is wide enough to accommodate all of the ingredients.
Q: What is the best oil to use for stir-frying?
A: The best oil to use for stir-frying is a high-smoke point oil, such as grapeseed, sunflower, canola, or peanut. These oils have a higher smoking point than other oils, so they are less likely to burn when you’re cooking at high heat.
Q: What should be added to the pan first, the chicken or the vegetables?
A: The chicken should be added to the pan first as it takes longer to cook than vegetables. This will help prevent the vegetables from getting overcooked. Also, vegetables can be added to the pan according to their cooking time. For example, add harder vegetables like broccoli first and softer vegetables like mushrooms last.
This was a great guide on how to cut chicken for stir fry. The instructions were easy to follow and the accompanying photos were very helpful. I would definitely recommend this guide to anyone who wants to learn how to chop up chicken properly for their favorite stir fry recipes. Thanks for sharing!