Hi home cooks and welcome to my article today!
I guess you are trying to find a new dish for your family at this weekend, aren’t you? Then, Italian sausage is just a perfect option. You will have a greasy and fantastic meal without worrying about gaining weight.
How to cook italian sausage in the oven? I will show you how to cook Italian sausage in the oven in the following content. It’s one of the easiest ways to have the best dish and not to lose many nutrients in the sausages. Let’s find out!
What you need to succeed in this recipe
- A bag of sausages (Click here for sausage stuffer reviews)
- A baking pan or wire rack
- An oven
- Aluminum foil or parchment paper
- Olive oil or water
- Vegetables (any type you like)
- Onions and garlic
- Salt, pepper, and tomato sauce
How to cook Italian sausage in the oven?
- PREMIUM MEAT: Made with a signature blend of premium beef and pork, hardwood smoked, with natural spices.
- GLUTEN FREE: Perfect for special dietary needs, high-protein and keto friendly.
- SHELF STABLE: Ready-to-eat shelf stable summer sausage, great for camping, hiking, outdoor activities.
- GOURMET SNACKING: Perfect for charcuterie, meat and cheese snacking, in gift baskets, added to recipes.
- Twelve 10 oz cans of Armour Star Original Vienna Canned Sausage Bites
- Versatile, ready to eat canned sausages can be an ingredient in an easy meal
- Canned meat that is made with chicken, beef and pork
- Eat right out of the can, add to recipes or serve as an appetizer
- Ready to eat meat in a can that doesn’t require any cooking
- OLD WISCONSIN Turkey Snack Sticks are made from 100% natural, smoked and spiced high-quality turkey meat
- Turkey sausage snack sticks are high in protein, gluten free and contain no MSG
- Snack on-the-go with turkey sticks in resealable packaging.No preservatives
- OLD WISCONSIN Snack Sticks are made in the USA
- Turkey snack sticks are a delicious alternative to beef jerky and other dried meat snacks
- Original Beef Smoked Sausages: Our craveable meat sticks are made the old-fashioned way; We season premium beef with a unique spice blend, then slow smoke our meat sticks over real hardwood; Comes in a resealable jar
- Perfect Protein On the Go: With 9 grams of protein per serving, our artfully smoked, premium meat sticks make for a perfect portable protein snack anytime to keep you satisfied and energized on the go
- Shop Our Whole Range: We make a wide variety of jerky and meat sticks, including Keto Friendly Zero Sugar, Old Fashioned, Teriyaki, Pepperoni, Spicy Jalapeño, Sweet and Spicy, Pepper, and more
- Crafted by the Best: We use only the best beef and seasonings fresh from the farm; Smoking our meat sticks over real hardwood gives them an unparalleled taste; No shortcuts, just fire and smoke and patience
- Handcrafted in Oregon: For over 4 decades, we’ve been making mouth watering smokehouse snacks, the kind you can only get when you mix hard work, simple ingredients and real hardwood smoke
Step 1: Defrost the sausages
Before you start cooking, it is necessary to defrost your sausages. They will be cooked through quicker and you will find them much easier to process. Just put them in a dry place, where the temperature is about 73 to 80 Fahrenheit degrees and there is not sunlight. They will thaw themselves.
Step 2: Pre-heat your oven
When the bag of sausages is almost completely defrosted, it’s time to pre-heat the oven. 350 to 400 Fahrenheit degrees is the expected temperature. The primary purpose of this step is to warm up the oven.
As a consequence, you will find it easy to increase the heat when putting the sausages inside and the food will be cooked through quicker.
Step 3: Prepare the pan or wire rack for baking
If you don’t like the quality of your baking pan, use a wire rack instead. It will bring a barbecue-flavor to your dish. After you have done choosing your kitchenware, layer it with parchment paper or aluminum foil. Both will have the same effect on your food.
Step 4: Prepare the sausages
Next, we will start working with the main dish. Before baking the sausages, you should have two or three slices on them. That will prevent their covers from being exploded due to high heat and destroy your hard work.
After that, put each chunk of sausage on your pan or wire rack for baking. Try to place them separately without overlapping one another. Therefore, they will have enough space and oxygen to be cooked through.
- EvenToast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time.
- 9” Pizza, 4 Slices of Bread - The compact toaster oven fits nicely on the countertop, while the curved interior makes room for 9” pizzas and 4 slices of bread.
- Four Functions - The stainless steel toaster oven’s cooking functions include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.
- 30-Minute Timer - The timer includes precise toast settings and stay-on functionality.
- Removable Crumb Tray - Keep the toaster oven clean with the convenient removable crumb tray.
- The Breville Smart Oven Air with Element iQ System is a versatile countertop oven allowing you to roast, air fry and dehydrate; Use super convection to reduce cooking time by up to 30% and choose from 13 cooking functions; Includes an interior oven light
- ELEMENT iQ SYSTEM: Using 6 independent quartz elements, smart algorithms steer power to where and when it's needed to create the ideal cooking environment; Sensing and digital PID temperature control eliminates cold spots for precise and even cooking
- AIR FRY & DEHYDRATE SETTINGS: Air fry French fries and other family favorites; Higher temperatures combined with super convection (maximized air flow) deliver crispy golden air fried foods; Dehydrate a wide range of food, up to 4 trays of goodness at once
- SUPER CONVECTION TECHNOLOGY: 2 speed convection fan (super & regular) offers greater cooking control; Super convection provides a greater volume of hot air to ensure fast and even heat distribution perfect for air frying, dehydration and roasting
- 13 COOKING FUNCTIONS: Super versatile countertop oven and air fryer with 13 functions to guide you to perfection: Toast, Bagel, Broil, Bake, Roast, Warm, Pizza, Proof, Air Fry, Reheat, Cookies, Slow Cook and Dehydrate
- TRUE SURROUND CONVECTION: Up to 10X the convection power vs. a traditional full-size convection oven for faster, crispier, and juicy results.
- 10-IN-1 VERSATILITY: Air Fry, Air Roast, Bake, Whole Roast, Broil, Toast, Bagel, Dehydrate, Reheat, and Pizza all in one powerful, 1800-watt appliance.
- FASTER COOKING: 90-second oven preheat time and up to 30% faster cooking than a traditional full-size convection oven.
- XL FAMILY-SIZED CAPACITY: 2-level even cooking, no rotating required—fit a 5-lb. chicken and a sheet pan of vegetables, (2) 12-inch pizzas, or a 12-lb. turkey.
- LESS FAT: Eat all of your air fried favorites guilt-free with up to 75% less fat when using the Air Fry function vs. traditional deep frying. Tested against hand-cut, deep fried French Fries.
- Single door pull opens both doors with 1 hand ease and convenience
- Digital controls provide precise cooking time and temperature to take the guesswork out of cooking
- Turbo convection baking technology cooks faster and browns more evenly
- Two racks provide maximum cooking flexibility; This oven control allows you to slowly cook your food at a preset temperature of 150°F for an adjustable time of upto 6 hours
- Extra large interior accommodates 2 16 inches pizzas; Preheat setting gets oven temperature up to where you need for precise cooking
- Even Toast Technology - The toaster oven interior is specially designed for even toasting of up to 4 slices of bread at a time and the sleek compact design fits nicely on your counter-top, while the curved interior makes room for a 9” pizza or 4 slices of bread.
- Small Package With Big Oven Heat - Wide temperature range of 150 to 450 degrees F lets you cook with the convenience of an oven and the natural convection circulates air for faster, even cooking
- Multi Functional - Our toaster oven comes with many features and cooking functions some of which include: baking, broiling, toasting, and keeping food warm.
- Built In Timer – The 30 min timer includes precise toast settings
- Made in China
Then, spray some olive oil (about 1 tablespoon) on the aluminum foil or parchment paper to prevent the sausages from sticking to it. If you use a wire rack, you can use water instead of oil. About ¼ cup will do. Remember to spray oil or water evenly on every chunk if you don’t want some pieces to get burnt.
One tip for you is that if you don’t want to use aluminum foil layering under the sausages, you can use it above. It means that you can cover your pan with aluminum foil after arranging all the chunks properly. Make sure that you have a good-quality pan when using this method.
Step 5: Cook the sausages in the oven
Now, we come to the most important phase when cooking Italian sausages. If the previous steps are done perfectly, this one is not difficult. After the oven is ready, put the pan into it and maintain the heat at 350 Fahrenheit degrees.
Choosing to use olive oil, you will not have to do much while waiting for the sausages to be cooked. After the oven has worked for about 20 minutes or when you see the covers of the sausages transform to yellow, turn them to the other side. Leave them there for another 20 minutes.
If water is what you use, it is going to take a little much effort and attention. After you have baked the sausages for 10 to 15 minutes, the cover would have a white color. It’s time to turn them. Add more water when all of it has been evaporated.
And keep doing that every 15 or 20 minutes until you see all of the chunks turn lightly golden. They are about to be ultimately cooked through. Remember to set the time and pay attention to your dish. Otherwise, they may get overcooked.
Another situation and also the last one is when you use aluminum foil as the cover for the pan instead of layer. There is nothing complicated here. Just bake the sausages for about 20 minutes and remove the foil. Then, turn and cook them uncovered for another 20 minutes. The dish will be ready to serve.
Step 6: Make some additional foods
While waiting for the main dish to be done, you can spend some spare time making something to decorate. All foods can become incredibly delicious if they are presented nicely and in a beautiful way. It’s time to bring all the ingredients that you prepare out and make the best dish ever.
First, spray your sauce pan with olive oil, which is about 2 tablespoons. Then, put all onions, garlic, and vegetables into it to sauté. Add tomato sauce, salt, and pepper if you like and 2 tablespoons of water. Finally, cover the pan with a lid and leave it there for 5 minutes.
You can taste the ingredients yourself to find out how much spices you should use. After that, place those vegetables on a dish and top them with sausages. Now, bon apatite!
- Metal utensil safe, Blue Diamond’s signature diamond-infused ceramic nonstick is 5x harder and 10x longer lasting than traditional coatings
- Diamonds are 4x more conductive than copper, so Blue Diamond heats faster and cleans up easier
- Toxin-Free: Free of PFAS, PFOA, lead, and cadmium
- Warp Control Base: Heavy-duty forged base prevents warping, wobbling, or degrading over time
- Oven and broiler safe up to 600°F
- SWISS NON-STICK COATING - Switzerland ILAG nonstick coating, SGS approved. PFOA free，safe and healthy.
- WOODGRAIN BAKELITE HANDLE - The bakelite handle features woodgrain design, it is comfortable to grip and stays cool while cooking. Oven safe to 302°F.
- HIGH MAGNETIC CONDUCTIVE BASE - High magnetic conductive stainless steel base. The nonstick skillet bottom is flat and thick, which helps distribute heat evenly and quickly. Suitable for all stove, including induction cooktop.
- STURDY BODY AND EASY TO CLEAN - The nonsticking pan inside is made of cast aluminum, which is more durable and sturdy. Super easy to clean up, just wipe it with a paper towel or rinse it with water. Dishwasher safe.
- GREAT QUALITY & SERVICE - Quality first, Service Utmost. SENSARTE non-stick frying pan is passed international certification. Please always feel free to contact us if you have any questions.
- Designed To Perform – Equip your kitchen with the right cookware to bring you long lasting performance and quality food results the healthy way. Our Fry Pan features a 3-layer coating engineered in Germany from stone-derived shield technology. The protective coating significantly extends the life cycle of the frying pan while the ultra-durable aluminum construction and magnetic base provide optimal heat conduction. With these features, you won’t look at other cookware in the same way!
- Non-Stick and Even Heat Distribution – Reinforced coating provides unprecedented non-stick cooking performance for easy food release, easy clean up, and better browning and searing. With excellent heat conduction, heat is evenly distributed across the whole nonstick pan, cooking foods faster to save you time. Only low to medium heat is required, keeping your cooking energy-friendly!
- Safe Cooking – No more nasty hidden chemicals with this healthy and eco-friendly alternative to classic frying pans non-stick. Our specialized coating is corrosion resistant and free of APEO, PFOA, PFOS, PFAS, PFBS, GenX, and other lesser-known health-harmful chemicals, such as NEP and NMP. Great for busy families to keep meals as healthy and toxin-free as possible.
- Cool-To-The-Touch – The pan’s versatile deep shape, light weight, and stylish ergonomic handle make this pan for cooking ideal for everyday use. The EverCool stainless steel handle remains cool-to-touch during the busiest of stovetop cooking. Oven safe and suitable for use on all cook tops, including induction. Practical as an egg pan or for gourmet dishes, either way this non-stick fry pan is the perfect way to make magic happen in the kitchen!
- Superior Quality With Mueller - We are here to offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life easier. If you need any help, please feel free to contact us. Our unparalleled 24/7 live telephone customer support is ready and waiting to assist with anything you need!
- Eco-friendly Classic Granite – Non-stick Granite Material,SGS & EUROFIN approved, PFOS,PFOA free, our cookware ensures your daily cooking is always safer and healthier.
- Easy To Clean – Just wipe it with a paper towel or rinse it with water, Less Co2 emission and Less water wasted.
- Suitable For All Stoves – Heats up quickly and evenly with extended bottom design. High magnetic conductive stainless steel base allows our nonstick cookware to work on all cooktops, including induction.
- Less Oil Needed & Less Smoke Released: Our non-stick frying pan can be used for any cooking needs like egg pan,omelette pan, or grill pan with less oil. Reduce unnecessary fat intake, and stay away from a smoky kitchen.
- Service & Guarantee – Each CAROTE cookware passes strict multi inspection process.In case you received defect items caused by delivery, please don't hesitate to reach out, thanks. You will be guaranteed to get 100% refund or a new replacement.
- NSF-Certified commercial-grade 3004 heavy-gauge aluminum
- High-performance reinforced PFOA-free nonstick, dishwasher-safe
- Works with gas, electric and ceramic glass, oven-safe (400 F / 204 C)
- Tramontina Item # 80114/535DS - UPC 16017041318
- Lifetime Warranty
Your baking pan is one of the main reasons deciding the flavor and completion in the shape of sausages. If it is too old and loses anti-staling agent, some pieces of your sausages will stick on the pan, leaving an unattractive outlook. Therefore, choose your pan wisely.
I my last words…
Thank you for reading my article about how to cook Italian sausage in the oven. I hope that you and your family will have a great meal together. If you have any questions or opinions, do send me. I would love to answer.
Moreover, don’t hesitate to share this article with your friends. They will find it useful just like you do. I will see you in my other writings. Goodbye and see you!