With almost every kitchen appliance getting more modern these days, one remains a classic – a tea kettle. There is something nostalgic about hearing it whistle when the water is hot and ready. Not to mention, it is practical and affordable. That said, if you are looking for the best stainless steel tea kettle, keep on reading and we’ll let you know some of the products that are worth considering.
Top 5 Picks for the Best Stainless Steel Tea Kettle Reviews
Clueless about the tea kettle to buy? Below are some of the top products that should be on your list.
Cuisinart Aura Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
- CONVENIENT: The 1.7-liter stainless steel Cordless Electric Kettle has 1500-watts for fast heat up and a concealed heating element to prevent mineral buildup. Removable/washable scale filter and boil-dry protection.Voltage : 110
- CUSTOM CONTROLS: One touch controls, 30-Minute keep warm option, stay-cool nonslip handle, 360-degree swivel power base for a cordless experience and auto safety shutoff
- COOL FUNCTION: 2-minute memory function that allows the kettle to be off the base for 2 minutes without shutting off or losing it’s place in the brewing process
- MUST-HAVE FEATURES: 6 preset heat settings for steeping tea at just the right temperature including blue LED indicator lights and backlit water window
- LIMITED 3-YEAR WARRANTY: Refer to user manual for troubleshooting steps and questions surrounding warranty policies – this product is BPA free
The brand name of this kettle is already a compelling reason to buy it. For many years, Cuisinart has made a solid reputation because of their kitchen products, and we except that this kettle will demonstrate the same quality as their other offering.
Like the other kettles in this guide, it comes with a whistle. The latter provides an audible warning when your hot water is ready!
The simplicity of the kettle is well-loved by many. There is nothing fancy about its appearance, but it looks elegant. This is the perfect fit for a minimalist kitchen. It has a sleek metallic finish that complements the black accents on the handle and lid.
For your peace of mind, it is also good to know that the manufacturer is offering a limited lifetime warranty. The latter demonstrates how confident they are of its top-notch quality.
While we love how durable the stainless steel in this kettle is, it can be prone to rust. We recommend proper care and maintenance to avoid such problem. Hand-washing it with mild soap is best.
- Simple and industrial design
- Boils up to two quarts of water
- Excellent heat retention
- Coating is easily prone to rust
Mr. Coffee Flintshire Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
- Solid stainless steel constructed 2.2-Quart teakettle
- Whistling teakettle alerts when water is boiling
- Flip-up spout cover for safe and easy pouring with Bakelite stay cool handles and trigger for safety
- Hand wash recommended
- Do Not overfill kettle. Fill no higher than just spout opening
The solid stainless steek construction of this kettle is one of its best assets. It is not as lightweight as its cheaper counterparts, which can also be indicative of its longevity. Plus, the main material is thick enough to keep the water hot. More so, it comes with a brushed finish, which also means that it looks good.
Aside from its body, the handle is also reflective of premium construction. It has a great curve that makes it easy to hold, even if you have a big hand. Plus, there is a strategically positioned button that will open and close the spout. The handle is made of tough nylon, which will not easily disintegrate.
One of the problems with this product, however, is that the whistle does not stay on the spout for a long time. It would have been better if there is a tight connection so that it will remain in its original position.
- Brushed stainless steel finish
- Has a tough handle that stays cool
- Strategically positioned trigger for opening and closing the spout
- The whistle easily falls off
DFL 2-liter Stainless Steel Whistling Kettle
- Apply to Various Stovetops - Applicable for home induction cooker, electric furnace, gas and natural gas stovetops or camping use. Please controll the fire. Small or medium fire to heat the tea pot would be better as it heats very fast and saves energy.
- Large Capacity & Fast-Heat Base - Teapot what can hold is equivalent to Five 500ML bottles mineral water and even more. This capacity is perfect for making multiple cups of coffee or tea. Besides, professional fast heat materials can energy and save time.
- Perfect Whistling Sound - The stylish tea kettle will release a loud whistle when the water is boiling. (Tip: Just fill up 80% of the capacity, so that the water kettle can whistle when water is boiling.)
- Anti-rust Finish - Stylish tea kettle electroplated for longevity. Professional food grade finish and stainless steel craftsmanship ensures this kettle is rust & corrosion resistant. You will enjoy years of continuous use with no fading over time.
- Heat-insulated Handle & Push Bottom Mechanism - Ergonomically designed wood pattern handle can be well heat-proof and push-button technology makes pouring a breeze! The friendly spout allows you to easily open or close it without worrying about its leaking.
Compared to the two products that are mentioned above, this model comes with better aesthetics. It does not look like ordinary stainless steel. With the color, it will add more character to your kitchen.
Another thing that we like about its design is that it has a mirror finish, giving the kettle a hint of elegance. Plus, it resists scratches and dents. Nonetheless, while the body has an excellent construction, some users noted that the handle can be quite flimsy.
More than its design, we also love this kettle because of its lightweight construction. Stainless steel is usually heavy, but for this kettle, it is easy to hold because the weight is at the minimum.
The large capacity is also a good thing. it can boil up to two liters of water. This means that you can make up to 10.5 cups of tea in one go.
- A stylish addition to your kitchen
- Comes with a lightweight body
- User-friendly thumb-press lid
- The handle can easily dislodge
POLIVIAR Tea Kettle
- 6-in-1 Control Base - Boil, Black/ Herbal, Oolong, White, Green, Stop/ Off.
- User-friendly Design - One-click pre-programmed temperature, stainless steel removable infuser, button with lights Indicates and stop by one-click anytime.
- Auto Keep Warm - 60 minutes automatically keep warm feature and auto-shutoff.
- Food-grade Material - German schott duran glass, 316 stainless steel infuser, with FDA certifications.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - 30-day money back and 1-year warranty.
This is another good-looking kettle with an attention-grabbing handle. The latter is made of plastic, but it looks like wood. Despite being plastic, it does not mean that the quality is inferior. It has a silicone coating that makes it heat-resistant, so you don’t have to worry about burns. Plus, there is a touch button for quick opening and closing of the spout.
The kettle has an intelligent design. A proof of such is the fact that there are two main ways to refill water. You can do it on the main opening by removing the lid. Alternatively, the spout is also large enough, allowing you to refill water from such.
All the products in this guide have a whistle to let you know that the water is hot. This product, however, stands out because it is loud. The audible warning will minimize fire hazards.
It is also impressive because of the 8-inch base. It is designed in such a way that it will deliver excellent heat conduction. This way, the kettle is more efficient, allowing water to boil quicker than what you can expect in many other models.
Another thing that we love in this product is the electro-plating. The latter is the one that is responsible for lessening the likelihood of rust. It also protects the finish, making the color longer lasting. Despite this, however, there are some users who noted that the bottom part of the kettle can easily develop unsightly spots.
- Heat-resistant and comfortable handle
- Has an anti-rust finish
- Allows users to refill water in two ways
- The bottom is prone to having ugly spots
Le Creuset Enamel on Steel Whistling Tea Kettle
- PREMIUM KETTLE BUILT FOR PERFORMANCE- The Avalon tea kettle is made of durable, food grade stainless steel that will last.
- EASY TO USE- This kettle will boil water in no time and features a trigger spout built-in to the cool touch handle, making pouring and serving safe and easy. The wide mouth opening and removable lid makes filling the kettle a breeze. The whistling spout will alert you with a pleasant, loud whistle when water is boiling and ready to use.
- EASY TO CLEAN- The wide mouth lid of the kettle makes cleaning a simple task, leaving enough room to easily empty and wipe dry the kettle between uses. It’s that easy!
- LARGE CAPACITY- Great for entertaining and serving family and friends, the large capacity is perfect for making multiple cups of coffee or tea.
- ERGONOMIC HANDLE- The comfortable cool touch handle is easy to hold and grasp and makes serving safe and easy.
Wrapping up our list is one of the most beautiful kettles we have seen in the market. It is available in a wide array of beautiful colors that are sure to transform your kitchen. Nonetheless, it is also amongst the most expensive. The price, however, is justifiable.
Among others, it stands out because of its quality. It is made using strong materials, assuring a long life. It has a stainless steel handle with a comfortable wrap, which makes it stay cool. The main body, on the other hand, is made of carbon steel. It heats water quickly while also resisting chipping and other structural damages. Plus, it is non-reactive and non-porous.
More so, it is a good thing that you can use it on different heat sources. Whether it is a gas stove or induction cooker, the base will heat in an instant.
- Aesthetically-pleasing design
- Stay-cool handle and knob
- Usable on any heat source
- Not for people on a budget
How to Choose the Best Stainless Steel Tea Kettle
Most of you will probably think that buying a stainless steel kettle is a straightforward process. Nonetheless, take note that they are not all the same. The price alone isn’t enough consideration. This section talks about some of the most important considerations.
Choose a beautiful kettle that won’t be an eyesore in the kitchen. If it is ugly, then you will be forced to keep it in the cabinet if you are not using the kettle. On the other hand, if it is pretty, then you won’t mind leaving it in the open, especially when you have guests.
When evaluating the handle, go beyond thee design. One of the most important is that it is ergonomic, making it easy to hold the kettle and pour water out of it. The handle should be large enough so that you can fit your hand comfortably. It is also good if the handle stays cool to the touch.
How many people will need hot water? The answer to this question will dictate the capacity that you should be looking for in a kettle. If you live alone, a small kettle will be enough. Nonetheless, if you have a large household, choose a larger kettle, which means that you can make more hot water at a time.
Consider the type of the stove that you will be using. The kettle must be compatible with the heating surface. For instance, if the manufacturer states that it is only for a gas stove, then you won’t be able to use it in an induction cooker.
Care and Maintenance
Pick an easy-to-clean stainless steel kettle. It should have an opening that is large enough so that you can clean it inside without difficulty. The surface should also not be easily prone to scratches.
The best stainless steel tea kettle is an affordable and practical addition to the kitchen. It lets you heat water in minutes, which you can use not just for tea, but for many things as well. Keep in mind our recommendations above and it will be hard for you to go wrong.
Jen Lin-Liu is the founder of Black Sesame Kitchen. A Chinese-American writer and a nationally certified Chinese chef in Beijing. Jen is the author of two memoirs, Serve the People: A Stir-Fried Journey Through China and On the Noodle Road: From Beijing to Rome with Love and Pasta.